Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from the USA

S

Sebastian

Hi,

So glad I found you.

We are in the process of importing a VW California 180 DSG SE to the USA, I have never seen a California in any U.S. state before which is strange considering the name?

Has anyone else imported a Cali outside of Europe ?

BR

Seb

Can't help you with that Seb, but would like to say welcome to the forum from me and hope that someone can assist.

But you will find loads of other info on here! :thumb

Colin

Hi and welcome.....
Was there not a member from New Zeeland...? He must have imported the Cali...
Where do you import it from ?

Is it ok to wildcamp in the states ?
Been there 14 years ago on a 15 days roadtrip thru California:kiss , in a normal car stayed in hotels and motels.
Great nature , national parks,...

Hello seb welcome

Hey Seb!

Where are you importing from, you must have your pick of European countries being Left Hand Drive over there.

Will you not be hit by the famous 'chicken tax' ?

Where are you in the US?

All the best :)

Rich

Hi Seb

Welcome to the forum. We've had ours for just over a month now... and shes excellent.

Are you importing yourself or via a VW dealer?

I suppose that you are importing directly from Germany? We'd be intrigued to hear about costs (shipping and tax etc) once you've got everything sorted...

Take it easy and hope it goes well for you. Ellie, Cliff and Debs

I seem to remember VW could't or would't import to USA because of engines and pollution, i could be wrong of course.

John

Hi,

So glad I found you.

We are in the process of importing a VW California 180 DSG SE to the USA, I have never seen a California in any U.S. state before which is strange considering the name?

Has anyone else imported a Cali outside of Europe ?

BR

Seb
Seb everything I've researched says it will be impossible for you to register a California in the USA.
Hi and welcome.....
Was there not a member from New Zeeland...? He must have imported the Cali...
Where do you import it from ?

Is it ok to wildcamp in the states ?
Been there 14 years ago on a 15 days roadtrip thru California:kiss , in a normal car stayed in hotels and motels.
Great nature , national parks,...
About the only kind of camping anyone does in the USA is wild camping. I mean some people in those giant bus sized vehicles stay at private campgrounds but everyone else camps on the National Forests or National Parks.
As a foreigner you can import a vehicle for a year, but then it must be exported or destroyed.