Hello - introductory post

V

VanFan

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello All. Just a quick intro, as requested and re-posting this here as I realise that I probably won’t be involved in other forums.
I’m in South Yorkshire. I had a converted T6 but found space increasingly tricky this year with two growing children. I have very recently sold that and purchased a Grand California 600. I know virtually nothing about this van, as we have yet to use it for camping purposes. I’m sure that I will find this forum very useful. Please forgive any ridiculous questions

Hello All. Just a quick intro, as requested and re-posting this here as I realise that I probably won’t be involved in other forums.
I’m in South Yorkshire. I had a converted T6 but found space increasingly tricky this year with two growing children. I have very recently sold that and purchased a Grand California 600. I know virtually nothing about this van, as we have yet to use it for camping purposes. I’m sure that I will find this forum very useful. Please forgive any ridiculous questions
Welcome.

Sleep in it a few nights on your drive and you will learn all you need to for your first trip away.

Welcome

We’re also in South Yorkshire and have a GC680. Our first night away was the day after we picked it up, off grid at a friends party. The best way of learning is use it, so get away for a couple nights at a nearby campsite. You don’t need to take much and it’ll help to work out where to store your stuff and what you need or don’t need.

Enjoy your new camper.

Welcome

We’re also in South Yorkshire and have a GC680. Our first night away was the day after we picked it up, off grid at a friends party. The best way of learning is use it, so get away for a couple nights at a nearby campsite. You don’t need to take much and it’ll help to work out where to store your stuff and what you need or don’t need.

Enjoy your new camper.
Thanks. Seems like there’s a lot to learn. My T6 didn’t have heating/shower/toilet so it’s a big learning curve.

Thanks. Seems like there’s a lot to learn. My T6 didn’t have heating/shower/toilet so it’s a big learning curve.
It’s not to bad, we were in the same situation, but watched “California Chris” on YouTube, who has some good overviews of the various systems.

I would also have a look at grandCali.com and join the UK Grand California Facebook group. Some very clever and helpful people on there.

Welcome, also in your area with a GC680 - great van, you may need to work through.a few niggles but these are 'characteristics' not problems as some will have you believe, lots of experience on this forum so ask away :) no such thing as a daft question if you don't know the answer, using the van is the way to find out what you'll like / dislike, and, how to make it yours. Enjoy the journey.

Welcome, also in your area with a GC680 - great van, you may need to work through.a few niggles but these are 'characteristics' not problems as some will have you believe, lots of experience on this forum so ask away :) no such thing as a daft question if you don't know the answer, using the van is the way to find out what you'll like / dislike, and, how to make it yours. Enjoy the journey.
Thank you.