Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello, just ordered an Ocean, now the very long wait….

Rusty

Rusty

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Finally bit the bullet and ordered a Cali Ocean.

Like many on here I’ve had a conversion in the past (T5) which I enjoyed but maybe a few too many compromises due to my budget at the time.

Frankly I wanted a Cali then and in hindsight maybe I should have just had more patience.

This will also be my daily driver, and I’m looking forward to wandering off as and when I fancy.

Just the small matter of waiting nigh on a year (or longer)……

Think the tips and advice from many on here will prove helpful down the line.

Like many on here I’ve had a conversion in the past (T5) which I enjoyed but maybe a few too many compromises due to my budget at the time.

Frankly I wanted a Cali then and in hindsight maybe I should have just had more patience.

This will also be my daily driver, and I’m looking forward to wandering off as and when I fancy.

Welcome to this great forum.
I'm just at the end of a 13 month wait since ordering. My best advice is to bother your dealer and VW chat as little as you can possibly bear. Truth is - they only know what the factory tell them, which isn't much. It is frustrating, but if you can forget about it for a few months, you'll all keep slightly more sane...
There is an exception though - until you have a provisional build week (I had 11 by the way - which tells you how much I was ringing my dealer!) you can amend your spec. If you think you should have ordered the art velours seats (which I do!) or the larger fuel tank (why wouldn't you?) or the shower (great for rinsing dogs and boots!) you can call your dealer and add them. You don't 'lose your place in the queue' because effectively you are waiting for a place in the queue.
May your patience be fortified.

im with tim on all of above very sound advice, and you can change your spec around 4 weeks before build date so you lots of lovely time to slowly buy everything you need lol. Mins all in the lounge now , my ocean is in build so at least a massive wait is over for that , ordered in january week 38 build given, and finally finally on its way down production line , but am expecting more delays but at least its progression , enjoy this waiting time rusty you can watch every video on youtube there is , even korean ones which ive started watching :) All part of the journey so enjoy it will fly by........

Welcome aboard Rusty! Go with the flow. The 'One Day' is coming. Try to enjoy the wait by looking at all the vids, buying kit and following this club avidly in the meantime.

Hi like you as an owner of a conversion which is our daily drive. We are wanting a California Coast having been told there was a year waiting list. Then told that the garage had some preorders placed and we could have one of these in December, order placed. Not able to get any discounts but have managed to sell our conversion for what we paid for it 3 1/2 years ago. Just been informed that our van is due to be built in November looking at delivery for end of December or beginning of January public transport till then and food shop online

My dealer told me two weeks ago that VW are starting to ramp up production to 900 California’s a month. I ordered mine in July and was told April 2022 (in my mind I was thinking June/July 2022). He hinted that it could be February or March. I only phoned him up to add electric door and wasn’t hassling about delivery times

My dealer told me two weeks ago that VW are starting to ramp up production to 900 California’s a month. I ordered mine in July and was told April 2022 (in my mind I was thinking June/July 2022). He hinted that it could be February or March. I only phoned him up to add electric door and wasn’t hassling about delivery times
I ordered mine in June so that’s interesting news

Thanks for your replies and advice. Hopefully the wait wont be as long as expected.

Hang is there @Rusty . Make use of the time by researching on here. The day when you officially "unwatch" the T6.1 Delays thread will come and then the adventures start. The reading on here will set you up nicely for delivery day. If I can be permitted 2 pieces of advice......your van won't come with all the faults discussed on her (paranoia was starting to creep in for me for months) And you won't need every accessory discussed either . We all use our vans differently and therefore each need different bits n bobs. I am one of those who need the bare minimum onboard.