Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello there from a newbie

D

Darren Baldwin

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I have been looking at a California for a while, recently got excited when I saw the edition on the website as it looked great and now sad that they are all gone. I will keep looking and I'm sure will get the right one at some point, the caravan has sold and I really need to shift the old Land Rover Defender parked on the drive then I'll have a nice new spot to keep it. I'll likely have lots of questions as I think of different things and flick between looking at the Marco Polo and the Cali. My first ever car was a VW Bug so do have an attachment there.

Welcome Darren!
Some would suggest to hire both (Cali and MP and I think that is a great idea), I just bought a Cali and that was the right choice for me (although I looked around Poessel and MPs as well).
I hope you find „your“ California Camper and if there are any questions this board is a amazing place to ask!

Welcome on board , the forum is growing by numbers each day....
Look at the for sale section on the forum , peace of mind buying from our members

Last edited:
Welcome on board , the forum is growing by mumbers....
Look at the for sale section on the forum , peace of mind buying from our members
Hi Darren, my first car was a bug and I also have a Defender on the driveway. I ordered the Ocean after many hours of research and after renting an awful conversion last year. The Marco looks nice but was quickly dismissed for not being as flexible/practicle as the Cali. Remember, many reviews are from people who have not slept/used these vehicles as intended. The Marco may drive/handle better than the Cali but would it be better to live with. Also it’s very long.

Last edited:
Cali is smaller so could be easier day to day but if you like the look of the MP and dont mind a slightly longer van, then defo check out the VW Keplar One by Westfalia. Stunning vehicle and can be seen reviewd here by the great vlogggers from California Camping!

The Marco looks nice but was quickly dismissed for not being as flexible/practice as the Cali.

Hi I'd be interested to read any other thoughts regarding comparisons and flexibility, I do think the extra length is a negative as I want to be able to go anywhere.

Have a look at this video, its great!!!

Hi I'd be interested to read any other thoughts regarding comparisons and flexibility, I do think the extra length is a negative as I want to be able to go anywhere.
Plenty of opinions from all different points of view. Essentially comes down to personal choice. Use the search button, you won't have to look far... :thumb