Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello to fellow Cali owners from Edinburgh

I

Ian Archibald

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,

My wife and i have just purchased our Cali Ocean 204 bhp with 7 speed DSG. We have 2 dogs and our life has changed direction from travelling and staying in hotels to sleeping in our Cali with the dogs!

The Cali is a dream to drive and i never thought i would ever say that about a van as i have driven Honda's all my life.

We have gone on two small trips so far and we have loved it. You do need to be very organised and we are still trying to find on our feet with what we need. The places we have stayed has given us a new outlook to our beautiful country Scotland, so many wonderful places to visit. We are keen walkers and enjoy this with our dogs.

We are looking to make the little improvements to our Cali to give it our personnel touch and are looking on the forum to find out what is the best, nothing better than first hand experience.

Good morning Ian, welcome to thr forum. It sounds as though you have a lot of enjoyable trips planned with your Cali. Would be great to hear about them and, of course, here you wsill find lots of good advice and help.

Welcome again,

Great stuff , welcome!

Hi Ian........."Lang may yer lum reek" to enjoy your Cali experience.
My wife and I being "newbies" ourselves from Dumfriesshire and desperate to get out and about and play with our new acquisition may very well find ourselves sharing the same passing places with you in the northern isles in the future.
Very best of luck.......and I promise to wave

Last edited:
Welcome Ian, I loved Edinburgh and the countryside around it. Enjoy your new Cali!

Hi Ian........."Lang may yer lum reek" to enjoy your Cali experience.
My wife and I being "newbies" ourselves from Dumfriesshire and desperate to get out and about and play with our new acquisition may very well find ourselves sharing the same passing places with you in the northern isles in the future.
Very best of luck.......and I promise to wave
Thanks for the welcome, heading for the NC500 route in March, hope the weather has improved!

Thanks for the welcome, heading for the NC500 route in March, hope the weather has improved!
Hi Ian, my wife and I got the bug (and I don't mean the midges) when we hired a luxury motorhome for a week in early October last year for our first ever road trip and wild camp (and yes, it seems crazy to use the term wild camp for 7 days and luxury motorhome in the same sentence as it wasn't exactly slumming it). Our intention was to do the nc500 and we were blown away by the extreme beauty of our gorgeous country......and the sun shone every day which made for some fantastic photographs. The result of our trip......we've very recently spent the kids inheritance on our Cali pride and joy and are currently planning the Hopscotch ticket to take in the outer Hebrides, Barra to Lewis and everything in between. As for the nc500, you'll love Bealach na Ba to Applecross and you must walk to Sandwood Bay as the beach is just fantastic......enjoy

Last edited:
Do you need to book sites in March? I hear the route is busy but was also considering this in March/April....just a thought at the mo...

welcome to the forum enjoy your cali so much easier to get away with the dogs