Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help/advice on heating system in a Cali Beach!

M

morganrue

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all...
I have a new Cali Beach dream vehicle, but cannot understand the owner's book. I have a book supplement called "California" but all the info and ilustrations are for the Ocean, and assume you have the Ebersphecher-type full heater.

Sadly, I do not- I only have the auxilliary "warm-up" heater blowing through the air vents.

This means I have a simplified control panel. My question is this: where can I find a simple explanantion on how to programme this to come on automatically?

It's getting pretty parky here in the Grand Duchy and I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer!

thanks

Morgan

Do you have the Beach Aux heater , it will have a small digital control panel above the Rear view mirror ? You may also have the heater remote which has a sympbol with three wavy lines and another button with OFF on it.

Do you have the Beach Aux heater , it will have a small digital control panel above the Rear view mirror ? You may also have the heater remote which has a sympbol with three wavy lines and another button with OFF on it.
Yep- that’s the one. It comes on when activated, but I can’t work out a sequence to program it to come on automatically when I am still in bed!

^ Yep the heater instructions are in the multivan book. Not easily followed if I am honest, couple of vids on YouTube as well.

Yes! Thanks for your help. In the vid he has a remote- is that the key for the vehicle or a stand-alone remote for heating??? Anyone any ideas?

If you check the insides of the doors, you should have stickers saying what heater/s you have. The control panel usually means a parking heater on a beach. Webasto = Coolant heater (through front vents), Eberspacher = Parking heater through rear vent in B pillar).

If its Webasto/Coolant heater.
Just be aware the webasto heater that blows through the front vents uses the engine battery and will have an auto cut off after 30minutes, this is normal to prevent you from flattening your starter battery.

Also may not start up below 1/4 tank of fuel.

Although the starter battery will charge from hookup, its only really a trickle and not enough to use the coolant heater for an extended period of time.

webasto-jpg.28259

It's a stand alone remote for the heater.
You can get a replacement - ours went awol, so we bought a new one - it wasn't too expensive from memory. Well not too expensive from the perspective of expecting to get shafted for it.

You can get them on ebay but of course they need programming to the vehicle..... In the end we decided to simply order one for when the van was in for a service so they could do the programming.

You can get a replacement - ours went awol, so we bought a new one - it wasn't too expensive from memory. Well not too expensive from the perspective of expecting to get shafted for it.

You can get them on ebay but of course they need programming to the vehicle..... In the end we decided to simply order one for when the van was in for a service so they could do the programming.
I don't think it is as simple as buying a remote if the remote was not specified at purchase. The receiver will not be in place.
There are 3rd party solutions but I believe some of them disable the installed heater Control Panel.

I don't think it is as simple as buying a remote if the remote was not specified at purchase. The receiver will not be in place.
Obviously you have to have the heater - our situation is similar to the OPs as far as I understood it and for that matter to anyone that has bought a van 2nd hand with a heater and the remote didn't come along with the van.

If the Remote is standard, Yes. But if it was an Option and not ordered at 1st purchase then the Heater may not have the receiver unit installed.

It's a T91R kit I think and can be retrofitted, a few threads on here for folks who added it after. Does need the dash out and a seat removed.

If you have the coolant heater (small control panel near rear view mirror, heat from dash vents, no lower B pillar vent behind right front row seat), just be aware that the purpose of this machine is to preheat motor and cabin on cold mornings. Since it runs coolant pumps and dash fans, it has high battery usage and is not intended to be used as a parking heater. A misunderstanding of this by the Westfalia dealer who sold me my van meant that they installed a Webasto parking heater for free, so I have both. The programing instructions for the coolant heater are in the Multivan manual. It's a slog, but studying and practicing is the only way.

Back