Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help in Choosing my CamperVan

A

Alman

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi everyone,
I live in Muscat Oman (we drive on the left hand here), and I am ready to purchase my camper van.
I have pretty much decided on the smallest VW California with an indoor toilet & shower. I prefer the expandable roof if they have the indoor shower but if they dont make them with the shower than I will go with the Grand California. 4x4 will be preferable if the budget permits. My budget is 60,000 Euro to 73,000 Eur. Can be new or used but not older than 2015.

1. So I need help in choosing the right VW California.
2. I need help in getting the dealer with the best deal

Any help will be appreciated.

First of all, the VW California doesn't have toilet or shower inside.
The California can only have an attachment for a (cold water) shower, but not for inside use. You'd have to stand under the bootlid with shower curtain).

So for your needs you'd have to go for the Grand California. Those have inside shower and toilet, and doesn't seem to have 4x4.
The small Grand California is FROM €58520, the big Grand California is FROM €60650 here in Belgium.
So you will have some space for options, but not too much.

Thank you for your response. Its very useful; now I know to focus on the Grand California.
I cannot seem to locate a dealer on the internet who I can purchase from.
I would appreciate some links or contacts of dealers that I can pursue a purchase of the Grand California from.

I think you can also get custom conversions on long wheel base transporters which have internal shower and toilet

Hi Alman, Oman is a lovely place. I was in Salala a couple of years ago fishing. Cant wait to go back in search of the big fish that I never caught :rolleyes:! I personally would avoid the Grand California, its way too heavy and space is badly designed. Look at a self build or get some company to fit it out. You can get a new 4x4 VW Crafter or Sprinter XLWB or LWB. You can design the layout to fit your lifestyle and fit out with lightweight materials keeping it within the weight limits. Total price will be alot less than a new VW California and you will get the shower and toilet and alot more for your money.

You can order a new one for about 25% less than a dealer at autoebid.com

Thank you for your response and kind words about Oman.
Give a shout in your next trip over.
I like the idea of the custom build
Thanks

Back