Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying my first California

S

Superfab

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello Everybody,

we’re currently looking to buy our firest California. Our budget is likely for a T5 SE model. Any advice about what’s the best engine (cc/HP/mileage etc) and what to look for?
Any help will be great fully received. Also, if anybody knows of one for sale……

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi, we have a 2008 T5 SE we bought in 2009. It’s a great choice. Even if we had a windfall I doubt we would buy a newer model. We have the 174bhp but I think the 130bhp is same engine. The 5 cylinder 2.5 doesn’t have any belts to change as is cog driven. It’s one of the best engines VW ever made. Ours is used for holidays only and has just done 50k but I think people reckon they can do 300k! Ours is also an Auto and we have chosen to follow the VW “sealed for life” advice and have never changed the gearbox oil. With a galvanised body hopefully we can use our 13yr old van for another 13 years or more.
If it’s been looked after, mileage shouldn’t be a problem. Condition is everything I guess.

Hello Everybody,

we’re currently looking to buy our firest California. Our budget is likely for a T5 SE model. Any advice about what’s the best engine (cc/HP/mileage etc) and what to look for?
Any help will be great fully received. Also, if anybody knows of one for sale……

Thanks in advance

Tom
Few for sale on the Classifieds