Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

help!! items lost windscreen dashboard

B

bedmartin

VIP Member
:cry:
Can somebody advise about retrieving items which have rolled into slot between windscreen and dashboard. Is there a trick to it?
Plastic/ rubber stylus for phone rolled into slot. Tried to retrieve with comb - dropped that - tried to retrieve with knife - dropped that - I am a twit!

Try using A wire coat hanger :thumb don't forget to selotape it to your hand first :thumb

..and ask someone to hold onto your legs!

I've lost count of the number of parking tickets that I have "lost" down there and always assumed that this was the reason my windscreen takes so long to de-mist in the morning but reading other posts on "condensation" this may not be the reason.

The de-mist function is certainly not as powerful as on other vehicles I have owned but the windscreen is bigger :!:

Maybe I should have put this in the "Condensation Inside Windscreen (not while camping)" post :idea:

Thanks Calikev. I had thought this might be solution. Have you had the same problem?

Managed to get knife and comb out by removing speaker grill.

I think the plastic phone stylus will have to stay there as long as it doesn't rattle. I haven't been able to move it and of course you cant see anything.

Thanks Yelekreb. I had looked at this site but I don't think they do any thing small enough to go down there. Also no good for plastic.

Thanks surfbus. Items can't go down heater slots as they sit above the groove between windscreen and dashboard. Also they have grill.
I think I am going to put some packing down there as it should not block heater slots. Has anyone tried this?

I have used a piece of dowel with a small bit of insulating tape stuck sticky side out on the end to retrieve parking tickets. It might work for a phone stylus too?

I have had success with a pair of long nosed medical tweezers. You do need to know someone who works in a hospital though.

Back