Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Might be of help to T6 owners and definitely T5 owners.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Sat in the front seat. Look to the rear of the Dashboard, next to the Windscreen. Do you have gap running the length between Dasboard and Windscreen?

This is the hidden repository of many items that you swore you put on the Dasboard and suddenly disappeared.
GrannyJen and many others will testify to this hidden and inaccessible VW storage feature. See link for full story.
However, there is a fix and you will find the answer on Page 3/4.

I' m not sure if the T6 has this feature.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/anyone-know-how.11838/

Funnily enough that is where I store 2 old parking tickets that I put on the dash when I first got the van. One day 30 years from now someone will find a way to retrive them and be in awe that we only paid £1.50 an hour back in 2015. ;)

I had to have the windscreen replaced, and quite a few odd tickets appeared when the guy took out the old one.

I had to have the windscreen replaced, and quite a few odd tickets appeared when the guy took out the old one.
I wanted to order one of these strips but apparently Kevin Kincey has despatched his last batch of the dash strips and doesn't intend on ordering / selling any more .

If anyone knows where else to buy them please let me know

We discovered quite recently, after 2.5 years ownership, that the interior windscreen curtain has a foam cushion running along the base of it and when this is wedged into the channel it holds the curtain very neatly against the windscreen. Still discovering things about the Cali after all this time :thumb

I wanted to order one of these strips but apparently Kevin Kincey has despatched his last batch of the dash strips and doesn't intend on ordering / selling any more .

If anyone knows where else to buy them please let me know
If I knew what it was actually called. I did find it once but cannot seem to find it again. Anyone any ideas of the correct search term to use?

Back