Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help... Newbie

Grumpy Mike

Grumpy Mike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hopefully buy an Ocean new or convert a van. Starting the journey. But may convert to Spanish plates eventually so think buying an Ocean new will make the process easier as a conversion will confuse them over there.

Looking at the lead times for a new one, how do they value a trade in?? How can that work?

What is the latest on T6 Ocean MPG? I hope its nearer 40?

At the very start of the journey but genuinely excited.

I am sure I will have many questions..

Thanks

Welcome and I suggest you make good use of the search facility on this forum. Your questions (unsurprisingly) match those we all had at a similar stage in the buying process.
Lead times average 9month+ but ask the dealer - read the threads on delivery timescales for more info. Trade in - typically the dealer will only give you a provisional value for you p/x vehicle - but will only confirm this when your California is ready for delivery/pick up. MPG - I have 204DSG, and I see 40MPG regularly on longer trips on the dash display, but mid thirties is more common in general use... again lots of threads on MPG here to search for. note though; most of us don't bother looking at MPG but just enjoy the lifestyle the California offers... thats a top tip. best wishes.

Last edited:
IME as always with MPG if you want a *real world* all round figure simply take the manufacturers URBAN figure and work with that as your honest expectation. Anything over that is a bonus. Many people due to their typical journeys/usage will do much better but it should never be worse than this.

Doing quite a lot more short journeys now as well as the longer stints for trips away. Never get less than 35 on a 150 DSG, in a period of longer trips it's comfortably up to 40.

Quite gentle on the pedal, 60-65 on the motorway and always use Adaptive Cruise and Coasting where possible. Sounds long winded but it's not when you're used to it.

Back