Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help please first night dilemmas

Yes i see what you mean about the length of bed.
The front bit of the tent is coming straight down, on many other conversions they
tend to be angled more from the top to the windscreen.
I think your roof conversion would be fine on a long wheelbase as the bed
would be quite a bit longer.

When you're up in the bed, i take it that the entrance hatch is open?

I know its not ideal but would it be possible to have a board cut and a small
mattress pad so that you can fit it in place once upstairs - no scrap that idea,
a metal grid would be better to allow a bit of heat up.

You say you took it for a test run, how new is it, any chance of a return?
If not, i think you will have to try and mod the upstairs so you can get the full use
from it.
Its a nice looking van too :thumb
I do wonder about the insert to extend it because there is a “rim” that the bed sits on . I am going to mention it to the company we bought it from who tbf have been excellent in responding to some initial concerns. The van has 90,000 miles on the clock . One owner and full service history . Brakes clutch and flywheel just done and the whole lot including conversion was £22k . As a starter we just couldn’t face the cost of a California and then maybe not take to it but so far so good .

I was at the Bolton Abbey site a couple of weeks ago. It is a lovely site and the Wharfe is spectacular. I can sleep upstairs in my Cali no problem. I am 6’3 and find I have plenty of room.

We have an Ocean and the
Length is not an issue. Saying that the beds are really only a bit bigger than a single bed whenyou think about it so we have a bed each. My husband upstairs and me downstairs so I can use the loo in the night. I knows it's no good for romance but there's plenty
Of time for that at home!
A bed each is the way to go with a thick mattress topper and proper duvet.

Here is our beach pop top for comparison.
fd33352bf3566afa2bb5aadb0fbcfba5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk