Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help please

EveningAll

EveningAll

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
EveningAll from the Dordogne. I have been the proud owner of a 2018 Ocean for a year but before that had no experience of campers or camping. Ive learned loads from this site (thanks to everyone) which has enabled me and my dog to go on several trips, none too far away yet - the lakes at Lissac, Saint Pardoux and a favourite, Saint Estephe. Just for two or three nights at a time. I absolutely love it! So much so that Ive now bought a Winter sleeping bag - we do get some seriously low temperatures here, so that I can take advantage of any nice days.
But I need help with a problem, please. From time to time I need to leave the dog in the camper and need to isolate the alarm. I have read all the posts about the switch on the pillars behind the driver or passenger seats. Ive watched lots of videos telling me where the switch is - I don't have a switch. Is this because of the age of the vehicle or was this an option that the previous (and original) owner didn't take up or is it located somewhere else entirely or is there another, non technical, way of isolating it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi EveningAll,

there has been a thread before where the owner could not find the alarm isolator, they moved the seat then found the switch?
T6 should have the switch on the B pillar To isolate the internal alarm sensor.
the other way to to do it is lock the van from the drivers side (lock / unlock button) on the drivers side mirror control switches .
whilst you are in the van I.e lock the van, via the internal door lock / unlock on the drivers door, then open The slider, exit the van. Press the lock ( remote fob) button once, the doors should lock, the van should lock without the internal alarm being set. You will need to confirm this for yourself (I.e test it)

EveningAll from the Dordogne. I have been the proud owner of a 2018 Ocean for a year but before that had no experience of campers or camping. Ive learned loads from this site (thanks to everyone) which has enabled me and my dog to go on several trips, none too far away yet - the lakes at Lissac, Saint Pardoux and a favourite, Saint Estephe. Just for two or three nights at a time. I absolutely love it! So much so that Ive now bought a Winter sleeping bag - we do get some seriously low temperatures here, so that I can take advantage of any nice days.
But I need help with a problem, please. From time to time I need to leave the dog in the camper and need to isolate the alarm. I have read all the posts about the switch on the pillars behind the driver or passenger seats. Ive watched lots of videos telling me where the switch is - I don't have a switch. Is this because of the age of the vehicle or was this an option that the previous (and original) owner didn't take up or is it located somewhere else entirely or is there another, non technical, way of isolating it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Not familiar with the T6/T6.1 but have you read this thread? Might be some help. The manual should give details. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-1-ocean-sensors-off-in-camping-mode.38048/page-3#post-505605

Is your vehicle LHD or RHD?
If LHD was it bought in France?

It appears that in some European Countries the Internal movement alarm was a paid for Option.

On my 2017 Coast, in Belgium, it was an option.

In all the years we have owned our van I never put the alarm on when I leave Fang our pet Rottweiler in the vehicle..

Is your vehicle LHD or RHD?
If LHD was it bought in France?

It appears that in some European Countries the Internal movement alarm was a paid for Option.
It is LHD - Ive moved the seats forward, used a torch but I think it might have been an option they didnt take up. I'll try locking it on the drivers side and exiting through the sliding door and locking it on the key. Is it something I can have added - or is that vast expense now. Thank you all for your replies.

It is LHD - Ive moved the seats forward, used a torch but I think it might have been an option they didnt take up. I'll try locking it on the drivers side and exiting through the sliding door and locking it on the key. Is it something I can have added - or is that vast expense now. Thank you all for your replies.
I think you may be correct.
I think adding the VW alarm may be expensive but their might be Third Party alarms available.

I am pleased to report that doing a double click on the key works. Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Back