Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! Roof/Water Pump/Interior Lights disabled!!!

alwynmckee

alwynmckee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Just arrived at campsite in Killarney, Co. Kerry.

Went to pop the roof .... control panel error message:
"pop up roof jammed or blocked, please check".

Then realised water pump not working. When tap turned on ... control panel error message:
"Pump protection is active. Please add fresh water"
The water tank has approx 15 litres in it.

Then realised interor lights behind front seats not working.

I am wondering, could it be as simple that a fuse has blown and it is affecting all of the above??

Hope to find a VW garage in the morning... in the meantime, my wife and I are going to have to share the downstairs bed tonight!!

Call VW assist. Is what I would do.

Just arrived at campsite in Killarney, Co. Kerry.

Went to pop the roof .... control panel error message:
"pop up roof jammed or blocked, please check".

Then realised water pump not working. When tap turned on ... control panel error message:
"Pump protection is active. Please add fresh water"
The water tank has approx 15 litres in it.

Then realised interor lights behind front seats not working.

I am wondering, could it be as simple that a fuse has blown and it is affecting all of the above??

Hope to find a VW garage in the morning... in the meantime, my wife and I are going to have to share the downstairs bed tonight!!
If you are within your 3 yr warranty period, phone VW Assistance, run by the AA but insist on a VW Assistance technician.

Thanks for replies so far.
Tried calling VW Assist. Frustrating and futile experience!
Maybe because I'm currently outside UK? Was being told that they would not send anyone out to me.
Gave up and resigned to finding a VW garage tomorrow that can hopefully help.

Cant help with the roof error, but I have had that exact tap/pump error msg twice and it was an airlock both times.Took the water filler cap off and blew up the tap. 5min fix. Make sure you press 'ok' to clear the msg and try the tap again

Thanks, Stuart.

Will try that ... and it may be coincidence... but can't help feeling the 3 issues must be related??

Or else we've been very unlucky (after a dozen trouble-free outings since we bought the van).

Thanks, Stuart.

Will try that ... and it may be coincidence... but can't help feeling the 3 issues must be related??

Or else we've been very unlucky (after a dozen trouble-free outings since we bought the van).
Really hope you can get some roof assistance soon and that can still enjoy the trip. We're Coast owners, so no electric roof experience, I'm afraid

Thanks for replies so far.
Tried calling VW Assist. Frustrating and futile experience!
Maybe because I'm currently outside UK? Was being told that they would not send anyone out to me.
Gave up and resigned to finding a VW garage tomorrow that can hopefully help.
Extract from VW Assist webpage:

By working in conjunction with the AA, your call will be covered anywhere in the UK and across Europe 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

So, if you’re in Europe they MUST send somebody out to you. You’ve paid for it.

Back