Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help using VCDS

S

swisspace

VIP Member
Hello,

I wonder if you can help me, I have just purchased a genuine ross-tech cable but am having trouble finding a manual or guide for the T5 - I first want to adjust the Xenons for LHD RHD as I travel back and forth a few times a year. I see a config for LHD/RHD switchover but this just lowers it. I would like to make it flat as suggested on the forum but i am not sure which setting it is - I can make a good guess but i don't want to mess anything up. Do you have a list of codes etc for the California?

The dealer when I collected it mentioned that when you select alternative speed in the MFA then it would adjust the headlights, this would be nice but it doesn't work as he explained and I don't see this option in vcds and wonder if he made it up or if its programmable.

Thanks in advance

Ian (aka swisspace)

Which model van do you have Ian?

Is it a T5.1?

My best advice, before you touch anything else is to do a full Auto Scan and save the output file somewhere safe.

The Ross Tech Wiki shows some info for T5, if you have a T5.1 many of the components are similar to a VW Polo 6R and some Golf 5K MK 6 -

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... Procedures

I suspect headlights would be like this

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1K)_Headlight_Aim_Control_(Xenon_with_AFS)

I have posted some how too's here but in reality there isn't a huge amount possible with the T5.1 in terms of tweaks.

Hi Stu,

luckily the first thing I did was an autoscan and save it.

its a new one T5.2 ? or T5.1 - I need to do some reading about these longcodes I guess. I have the latest 12.12 software which looks different to the illustrations in the guides but I have found the LHD/RHD switch which just lowers then (I could leave it like this I suppose as we rarely drive at night) but I read on hear mention of the lights being set as flat from the factory which is a better option - mine are not flat, they have a bump but I see there are some offset settings, but before I change anything I would prefer to be armed with a bit more knowledge. ;)

As you have VCDS I don't know why you'd want to compromise the settings by not having them set for RHD or LHD accordingly. You have the tool and will soon have the know how to make the change yourself :thumb

Long Coding is nothing to be scared of, and yes much of it has evolved since the Ross Tech Wiki came about. Generally each value in the long coding tool will have a tick box to enable/disable it. I always have a look around a controller to see what's on offer before I jump into making changes.

Back