Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VCDS Help - Strange Request

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Hello

I need a bit of help and this might seem strange but I think someone here could help. I am picking up a Golf Mk7 next month and I will need to activate something not available in the UK (Hopefully), I have already asked a Golf forum for some assistance but i thought i would ask here.

Basically I need someone with VCDS near (isn) me to activate something, I will of course pay for your troubles.

If anyone would like to help, please let me know.

Traffic Sign Recognition is what i need to turn on - it's turned off for the UK, a little thread here, 2nd page.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthrea ... ion&page=2

I know Stu is the main VCDS main, so any advice also appreciated.

James

James,

Do you have a laptop that would run it? I could pop my cable in the post to you?

Simon

shambly said:
James,

Do you have a laptop that would run it? I could pop my cable in the post to you?

Simon

Hi Simon - i have a Mac - would that help, I was a bit nervous of the coding as well lol

James

I use a MacBook with Parallels and Windows. The software is windows based so whatever you do you are going to need a machine with windows installed.

If you aren't sure then you can have the coding done for you by someone else using Team Viewer for remote access. It's probably the better in this case and can make a nice teaching experience.

Otherwise if you find yourself up our way then i'm sure Simon or I will do it for you.

Coding is pretty straight forward, user guides here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

I have my cable with me and am in Perranporth, probably too far for you but you're welcome to grab it.

If you had your car I could help you, but don't think you have it yet :)

No I don't have the car yet lol - thanks for the replies though.

I've had an offer to do it - the guy didn't seem that confident, the coding looks straight forward (even to me).

I don't mind a bit of travelling.

James

reserves said:
Coding is pretty straight forward, user guides here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

I have my cable with me and am in Perranporth, probably too far for you but you're welcome to grab it.

If you had your car I could help you, but don't think you have it yet :)

If I have the car in say four weeks - would you be able to help, happy to make a small donation of course :)

James

Hi James, sorry I wasn't clear. I'm on holiday here for a week only.

I'm in Croyde the weekend around 26th September if that helps?

Rich

reserves said:
Hi James, sorry I wasn't clear. I'm on holiday here for a week only.

I'm in Croyde the weekend around 26th September if that helps?

Rich

Ah i see, well if the car is around then, then yes, that would be great. I suspect it is going to arrive later but i will update.

Thanks for the offer though :)

James

Did you get this sorted James?

Back