Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with an unidentifiable warning sign?

M

m4rky

Hi All

I'm not sure if I have a problem with our new Cali but the central control unit looks like its giving me a warning and I cannot find anything about it in the manuals.

When I turn the ignition on the display is set to ambient temperature which works ok and I can see all of the usual symbols such as the water levels etc

When I start the engine though its says "See Combi Instrument!" and the ambient temperature disappears

Above this warning is a picture of a van with what looks like a thermometer next to it. A "G" symbol also appears which is surrounded by a ring?

Is this normal and if not has anyone got any ideas if there is a problem or not?

Cheers in advance :thumb

Perfectly normal mate this happened to me it. If you have the outside temp set on the display
And turn on the ignition that's what it says because the ambient temp is displayed on the dash
Just set the display to battery or something else :thumb :thumb normal :thumb

and the "G" shows because the leisure batteries are receiving a charge from the engine "G"enerator :thumb

Chris

Calikev said:
Perfectly normal mate this happened to me it. If you have the outside temp set on the display
And turn on the ignition that's what it says because the ambient temp is displayed on the dash
Just set the display to battery or something else :thumb :thumb normal :thumb

Ha ha there's nothing like being a newbie at something :oops:

Cheers Kev :thumb

Back