Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with headlights please!

Simon67

Simon67

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I've just bought some rhd headlights for my long nose Westie. However, they look identical to my existing ones which I assumed were LHD.
63d3a1ce7e34c4df4da87f381c58f656.jpg
this is my current o/s one

6b204f589db08d518ec7c50b496f4414.jpg
this is my n/s one.

Looking on the net, someone suggested that the direction of the 'half bow tie' on the lens gave the game away but I'm still not sure. Could anyone with a long nose please have a look at theirs for me?

Many thanks

Simon

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have beam deflectors permanently in place. MOT guy is happy.

I'm away and with dodgy network but happy to do this for you when I'm back. Remind me here Simon if I've not done it by Friday.

Cheers, I'd appreciate that

How did you set new headlights?With lights on with garage door or wall on the front of you light will go up to the right in lhd to the left in the rhd.At night can you see anything on roadside or all cars flashing lights at you from over 100yards.

I have beam deflectors permanently in place. MOT guy is happy.
You mean stickers on the headlights?Its worth risking yours and other road users lives for less than£20 (price of second hand short nose headlights I could have these free few times)and less than hour of work you CAN'T see anything on the roadside.

Mine are RH drive, assume your near side is drivers side, then the pattern is correct, replaced mine last year when imported from Germany.

I've just bought some rhd headlights for my long nose Westie. However, they look identical to my existing ones which I assumed were LHD.
Your lense pattern looks like our headlights. They were changed for RHD units when Deepcar imported ours and modified it for life on UK roads way, way back in 2003.

Thanks guys, looks like I just bought some rhd headlights that I didn't need!

At night can you see anything on roadside or all cars flashing lights at you from over 100yards.
Ha, they are do dim, I doubt whether anyone e would see me coming let alone be dazzled by be

Ha, they are do dim, I doubt whether anyone e would see me coming let alone be dazzled by be

Long nose headlights are as good or better as any car with h4 bulbs if light is not bright white you may have problem with the loom check the voltage at bulbs or try different bulbs.

Back