Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HELP!!

Hammer

Hammer

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi All

We are currently traveling through Europe and my inverter socket has stopped working. When I plug in the adaptor it makes a buzzing sound then red light comes on.

Anyone know if this is fuse or other fault?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi Alex

It started in middle of night whilst I was on hook up. It now does same when not on hook up.

Any suggestions much appropriated.

Many thanks

Mark

Still having same issue anyone any ideas please?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi mate what's making the noise the socket or adapter :?:

The noise comes from under passenger chair so assume its a relay.

If the light still comes on when you plug in the adapter then I would say the fuse is ok
If you say it's coming from under the Seat I think your right about the relay maybe you could trace which one it is and pull it out and plug it back in it may be stuck failing that it might need a new relay. Good luck and keep us posted

It's now dead when I plug anything in so think fuse has gone. Issue is can't find which fuse it is! Looked in handbook which is no use anyone now which fuse it is please?

Thanks

Mark

Not sure exactly but there are not to many fuses under the seat. Should be fairly easy to spot
My guess would be a 15 amp red one :thumb

If it wasnt working and now it's blown a fuse then I think I'd be tempted to leave it until you get home now. It's possibly a fault on the transformer.

As a matter of interest what were you trying to run off of it?

I had my iPhone charger plugged in, but had been in for few hours.

Strange but will let you know if I fix or what garage find on return. To be honest least of my worries as got hit by a hail storm with ice the size of golf balls, which in turn have put dents all over Cali!!! Big insurance claim when I return.

Oh well sat in italy by lake Garda now so not too bad :)

Cheers

Mark

To quote Guy at Lancaster

The fuse for the front cigarette lighter socket is under the front of the passenger seat and is the 15 amp one on its own on the left hand side. There should be two or three spare 15a fuses just in front of it. It is necessary to ‘spin’ the seat a little so it can be seen and reached.