Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone tried this?

Brian’s Dad

Brian’s Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Spotted this on amazon. 2 usb and a gb socket. Will fit inverter socket. Looks pretty best and tidy. Anyone tried it?

UK to EU European Plug Adapter with 2 USB Ports - TESSAN Euro Europe Travel Adapter Power Adaptor for Spain Italy France Iceland Poland and More (Type C) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZYZWJL2/?tag=eliteelect-21

You don't want to be powering 5v usbs by taking 12v to 230v back to 5v.

If you need usb, just go 12 to 5v.

Your item is neat for a 3 pin solution.

You don't want to be powering 5v usbs by taking 12v to 230v back to 5v.

If you need usb, just go 12 to 5v.

Your item is neat for a 3 pin solution.

I agree re the USB, it does look pretty neat, I wonder if it’ll sit flush?

Not really, because the flap of the convertor will be in the way.
Plus, if you leave it in constantly, it will keep drawing power, because there is a switch in the convertor.
You'd have to find a solution for the flap and unplugging it each time you don't need it because your batteries will run down.

Not really, because the flap of the convertor will be in the way.
Plus, if you leave it in constantly, it will keep drawing power, because there is a switch in the convertor.
You'd have to find a solution for the flap and unplugging it each time you don't need it because your batteries will run down.
Good point - I forgot about the flap (shows how little I use it)!

It Looks a lovely useful device for the charging of usb cable devices, but really not for the inverter socket.
Like others have already advised, the inverter socket is not efficient, better to use the 12v sockets with a usb charger.

As soon as the device is plugged in with nothing connected and no load, the inverter is running and drawing a fair bit of current from the leisure batteries.
Inverters are notorious for drawing large amounts from batteries whilst only delivering a small amount of current to a device.

Back