Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Here's ours

Cali4nia

Cali4nia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just got back from our first ever outing in Cyril.
We had 3 days in Ashbourne.
Arrived at around 18:00hrs and it started to rain, however we managed to put up the vango air beam kela and the roof topper from comfortz.
Had a fab time although tried both beds but the bottom one came out trumps with the free mattress topper from nicks deal ( nice one)

www.sgt-training.co.uk

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381241915.106930.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381242007.350037.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381242148.717489.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1381242226.476859.jpg

That looks great, and the awning appears to fit very well. I'm thinking of buying the Kela, would you recommend it for space, ease of connection/setup, etc. I've yet to see one in person.

Won't be able to take my new Cali out for its first camping trip until the 19th - going to be a long wait... Probably take me that long to fit the Inka seat covers!

Thanks for the info, Simon. That's exactly how we plan to use it, longer trips with 2 adults and 2 kids.

The shopping list gets a little longer...

Gary

Yes I also found the sliding touching the awning when opening.
We went into town and the fiamma kafir strip was a breeze to take out and reconnect.
I've bought a skirt for sill to stop the wind.
It connects to both wheels but sags in the middle.
Any ideas of a fix.?

www.sgt-training.co.uk

looks a nice site. i am thinking of going to ashbourne next weekend. what site did you stay at. i have been looking at callow top camp site.

Paul

We had 3 days in Ashbourne.
Arrived at around 18:00hrs and it started to rain, however we managed to put up the vango air beam kela and the roof topper from comfortz.
Had a fab time although tried both beds but the bottom one came out trumps with the free mattress topper from nicks deal ( nice one)

Hi
Which site did you stay on.

G&H

If anyone is looking for a Kela, I recently purchased one for £378 (incl VAT and delivery) from Attwoolls. They are listed at £420 on their website, but happily matched the in-store price over the phone.

Do people leave the topper awning screws/fixings permanently in place?

Hi interesting about the Vango Kela price. Any idea if the Vango Sapera is on sale in store and if so for how much? The kela looked just a smidgen too small esp if the inner sleeping area were to be used.

Andy

Sent from an iPad using Tapatalk

Andy80F said:
Hi interesting about the Vango Kela price. Any idea if the Vango Sapera is on sale in store and if so for how much? The kela looked just a smidgen too small esp if the inner sleeping area were to be used.

Andy

Sent from an iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Andy,

I've no idea, sorry. I visited their store a couple of weeks back and they had the Kela on display + £378, but there were no Sapera's on show.

Gary

Give Attwoolls a call. I'm after a Kela and the shop price is £40 better than the web price. With the footprint groundsheet and internal carpet the total was around £450. The chap I spoke to admitted this time of year it is quiet and they are likely to give a better discount. :D

Andy