Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Roofless Topper question

paulevans

paulevans

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Evening all
Having bought some roof bars for our Cali for an upcoming trip to Harris and Lewis we have had to swap our roof topper. The new roofless roof topper arrived yesterday from Comfortz (great service as always) and tonight I thought I'd try it out.

Managed to put it on solo but I have to say that it lacks some of the stability of the full roof version. Obvious really, but there it is. The new topper came with two long elastic cords to tie across the roof if there's a bit of wind. Anyone else who's got one of these toppers, how do you fix/use these cords? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Evening all
Having bought some roof bars for our Cali for an upcoming trip to Harris and Lewis we have had to swap our roof topper. The new roofless roof topper arrived yesterday from Comfortz (great service as always) and tonight I thought I'd try it out.

Managed to put it on solo but I have to say that it lacks some of the stability of the full roof version. Obvious really, but there it is. The new topper came with two long elastic cords to tie across the roof if there's a bit of wind. Anyone else who's got one of these toppers, how do you fix/use these cords? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

You need a long section of bungee cord . Tie this to the hook end of the bungees to go across the roof and them walk around the front /rear threading through roof bars as necessary. Simples !!!

A bit of a fiddle but no big deal.

I'm thinking about one of these. Could you post a picture of it when you've fitted it

Thanks

Daft question, but what is that made of on the awning side?

Back