Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi and excited for Tuesday

Ting Tong

Ting Tong

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi We're v excited to be collecting our ex-demo VW Cali Ocean Edition on Tues. I've had campervans before but life has moved on a lot since work, health and relationship wise and the Cali is hopefully the start of a new adventure and we are about to push it down to just north of Biarritz on Thurs with a trailer full of boats and bikes.

We didn't really set out to buy a Cali but I've recently been regretting selling my lovely T5 4motion Kombi DSG 180ps 18 months ago as I might have had it converted now to start our adventures . Hence, we went to our local dealer to look at replacements but nice 204ps T6 used vans with DSG and LED lights (an essential for me) are rare and those which are around are over £30K+vat. Then you have to add on £15k for a carpet-walled conversion and you're over £50K for a van that's had holes cut in it. Unfortunately for our bank manager, there was a lovely VW Cali Ocean Edition in the showroom that they'd just registered that was the right spec and hadn't been within a mile of an angle grinder......the rest is history :eek: and my office is now going to be where it takes me as I wind down a bit towards retirement that's been precipitated by a health issue

There a wealth of useful info on here thanks and I've downloaded the handover checklist. We have everything for cooking and sleeping, a mains hook-up lead and I had my old Campingaz 907 refilled...OMG £40!!!!!!! at Go-outdoors though for 2.7kg of gas. Is there anything else that we absolutely need...we're worried about the moonrock seats but can't justify the expense of covers just now. Cheers HB

Welcome , has it been driven or just been sitting in the showroom?
Do give it a good look and check everything before leaving the dealer .
As you'r plans are to head on a trip just a few days later you need to be sure everything is there and working !
Check all battery's and charge them at home 24h in a row.
Run the aux. heather at the dealer before leaving .
The handoverlist is top , good you become VIP from the start .
Buy goodies in the forumshop and your money is returned in no time.

Welcome , has it been driven or just been sitting in the showroom?
Do give it a good look and check everything before leaving the dealer .
As you'r plans are to head on a trip just a few days later you need to be sure everything is there and working !
Check all battery's and charge them at home 24h in a row.
Run the aux. heather at the dealer before leaving .
The handoverlist is top , good you become VIP from the start .
Buy goodies in the forumshop and your money is returned in no time.
No it’s just done 20 miles but they said there was some reason they had to register it since I first saw it....plus I got a massive discount as it wasn’t new and I think the road tax is cheaper as second owner. Yes I’ll get it on mains for 24 hrs and sterilise the water tank.

Great decision you made there!
Do check everthing you can before leaving the dealer. Demo vehicles do get a bit of abuse from customers so make sure all is good. Download check list and take with you. Don’t feel guilty about going through it with the salesman before you do the deal for the balance on the money. It’s you’re money after all.

Welcome . Enjoy your purchase and first trip

:welcome:welcome:welcome love the special edition