Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi everyone

Dayzee

Dayzee

VIP Member
HI all,

Waiting for our Beach.... build week 10... This week!! And holding our breath hoping to avoid the increase in VED..... It'll be touch and go.

Been watching and reading for months and must thank everyone for your advice ... Very helpful and helped us choose and spec our beach back in October.

Welcome allong ,it's just getting started....!

If you get the Dealer to get it registered and taxed to be on the road before 31st March you should be OK. Even if you haven't physically got it by then.

VED wise on my last car reg on 23rd march I was charged 12 months VED plus a week, didn't loose 3 weeks. VED renewal was 1st April on the next year.

I had the reg details of my new Cali. from the DVLA before it had even arrived at the dealer so from that I'm hoping you can beat the VED hike.

Pretty sure all Dealers will be having Customers wanting this so if they are on the ball they will know exactly what needs doing, probably need a a bit of nagging though.

Good luck.

Welcome, yes a nervous time! Fingers crossed. :welcome

If you get the Dealer to get it registered and taxed to be on the road before 31st March you should be OK. Even if you haven't physically got it by then.

VED wise on my last car reg on 23rd march I was charged 12 months VED plus a week, didn't loose 3 weeks. VED renewal was 1st April on the next year.

I had the reg details of my new Cali. from the DVLA before it had even arrived at the dealer so from that I'm hoping you can beat the VED hike.

Pretty sure all Dealers will be having Customers wanting this so if they are on the ball they will know exactly what needs doing, probably need a a bit of nagging though.

Good luck.
The dealer only needs the VIN number and evidence that the vehicle is on UK soil to allow them to register your Cali. Suggest you talk to your dealer to help push it along..;)
All the best. JW

Thanks.... Yes fingers crossed indeed.... We were originally build week 7..... So the delay is making it a little close for comfort...

Can we ask if anyone has any advice on the vw finance options.... Its very much a personal choice, but We are struggling to find out some basic details from the dealer..... there is a £750 dealer deposit contribution and I cannot seem to find out the terms.... For example, if we settle early (ie really early) what is he penalty/ admin charge.....

Thanks.... Yes fingers crossed indeed.... We were originally build week 7..... So the delay is making it a little close for comfort...

Can we ask if anyone has any advice on the vw finance options.... Its very much a personal choice, but We are struggling to find out some basic details from the dealer..... there is a £750 dealer deposit contribution and I cannot seem to find out the terms.... For example, if we settle early (ie really early) what is he penalty/ admin charge.....
I bought a year ago. I took VW finance to get the deposit contribution and discounted service plan. All finance deals have a 14 day cooling off period. If you cancel within that there is no penalty. And VW do not claw back the inducements. So I kept the deposit contribution and service plan discount. I was open with the dealer about my intentions. All he asked was that I left it 7 days before cancelling so that VW processed the deposit contribution to the dealer and didn't leave them with a shortfall. So that's what I did - cancelled after 7 days exactly. All worked perfectly.

Thanks DM.... That's a plan then!
Only note of caution might be settlement. When you cancel VW will send a settlement figure which you have a period to pay. You need to have your alternative finance in place in parallel.