Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi everyone,

C

CheapSk8 Steve

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I've just joined the group and as requested, I'm just saying hi. Bought a new T6.1 last autumn and now finally getting out on our first proper road trip. Ferry to Ireland this afternoon and then 10 days of soaking up the Irish sunshine...

I've just joined the group and as requested, I'm just saying hi. Bought a new T6.1 last autumn and now finally getting out on our first proper road trip. Ferry to Ireland this afternoon and then 10 days of soaking up the Irish sunshine...
Great work. Welcome!

We’re taking our Ocean to Ireland next month.

Which site you book the ferry on? I keep finding the headline rate changes when we actually click to book.

Seems about £520 is the going rate Holyhead to Dublin.

Great work. Welcome!

We’re taking our Ocean to Ireland next month.

Which site you book the ferry on? I keep finding the headline rate changes when we actually click to book.

Seems about £520 is the going rate Holyhead to Dublin.
My wife did the booking, so I'm not 100% sure. I think we paid closer to £600, but we used some Tesco Clubcard points which was very helpful. We also upgraded to the flexi ticket which was okay. Not a lot more £ and we had access to a less crowded lounge with free food and drinks (but note the free food wasn't great, but the free coffee was).

Welcome and enjoy your trip.
We were in Ireland a few weeks back and our ferry trip with Stena Line was excellent. We travelled Cairnryan to Belfast, chose the Premier option, priority on and off and a very nice lounge to relax in The food is basically snacks, cake, fruit , cheese n biscuits and white & red wines and soft sodas. The coffee is pretty good.
Our Labrador travelled with us but he stayed in the van, just 2hrs 15 mins so no problems
The costs are pretty high for such a short crossing, we paid return trip £472, but it is what it is !