Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Devon

Notnarb

Notnarb

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Nebie alert!

Just bought our beast and still getting to know it.

We have some plans to give/show it a little love and attention it seems to have been missing and cant wait to get out and about... perhaps catch up with fellow Cali owners.

:thumb

1.JPG

Welcome.

And you didn't need to be prompted to post a picture either! Well done!

North or South Devon?

We’re based near Croyde, hope to see you around :

Welcome, love the Westy Exclusive. :thumb

Thanks all

Does anyone have any idea of the numbers that were ever made of the T4 Excluisve's?

Wow!! We used to have a member that could answer that along with all of the associated chassis numbers!

Sadly he’s not around too often. Fingers crossed he may pop in and answer this.

Wow!! We used to have a member that could answer that along with all of the associated chassis numbers!

Oh. That would be amazing.
Will keep fingers crossed.

We usually shine a giant spotlight into the night sky in the shape of a Westy.

I think you mean @TwentyOneThirtyFive (Dan ) his last visit to the forum was just last 3th april , since he sold the westy he does pops in From time to time to see how we are dooing , shame he's not arround more often , a great guy with a lot of T4 knowledge .

Welcome @Notnarb btw! Nice looking van !

I think you mean @TwentyOneThirtyFive (Dan ) his last visit to the forum was just last 3th april , since he sold the westy he does pops in From time to time to see how we are dooing , shame he's not arround more often , a great guy with a lot of T4 knowledge .

Welcome @Notnarb btw! Nice looking van !

Thanks. Let’s hope he sees this and checks out my weird query.
PS: Love your user name. It’s our SSID on our WiFi.

hi just stayed looking please one of these

please may I ask what the ball park cost of the campers you looked at was?

many thanks

Chris

There is one on eBay at pres for a bit over £18k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is the issue..... is that overpriced.....I have no idea? :(:help

this is the issue..... is that overpriced.....I have no idea? :(:help

It’s difficult to know if it’s overpriced without seeing it in the flesh. It’s probably simpler to decide on your budget, then have a hunt around for what that’ll get you. The folks on here are always happy to discuss the merits of the various model specs and configurations. Unless you know exactly what model, year, spec you want in which case you just have to find what you’re after then decide if you’re happy to pay what’s being asked for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi....that is totally logical. I think we want a fixed hi top so we can use it in the winter. not too bothered about a loo. Thinking out loud here sorry....with a 10k budget i guess it has to be a cali west so i guess the california club........everyone say the engines are sound so when do the miles start to take a toll?

many thanks

chris

hi....that is totally logical. I think we want a fixed hi top so we can use it in the winter. not too bothered about a loo. Thinking out loud here sorry....with a 10k budget i guess it has to be a cali west so i guess the california club........everyone say the engines are sound so when do the miles start to take a toll?

many thanks

chris
A £10K budget will give you a few to go at. If you're definite about a fixed high top the Club is probably your best bet. The Exclusive was a much more substantial spec so commands more money. A Pop Top conversion can be used in winter too - internal temperature can be maintained with the parking heater and the canvas can be insulated with either internal or external liners. We've used ours in sub zero temperatures quite comfortably. The good thing about the hightop though is the separate kitchen/lounge layout. It's much easier to use if the weather isn't in your favour without having to play musical chairs. The 2.4D is a pretty robust engine, but like anything mechanical, if it's not looked after it'll give problems. How many do you need to sleep? On occasion there is the odd Westy T4 with a compact high top that turns up for sale on eBay. Usually they have the pop top furniture layout, but no roof bed.