Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi there,

Hi everyone, I live in Gibraltar, I own a 1999 VWT4 caravelle 2.5 diesel. The van has been excellent but I would like to change it for a T6.1 Ocean
Hello Dell and welcome, there's plenty of info on here about the T6.1 ..I highly recommend you read the California Chris vlogs on You tube if you haven't already :)

Hello Dell and welcome, there's plenty of info on here about the T6.1 ..I highly recommend you read the California Chris vlogs on You tube if you haven't already :)
Hi thanks, yes I have seen a few on You tube. I really like the Ocean best but there seem to be a lot said on the Beach also. i think the Ocean is better than the Coast for the price difference. I have also noticed the Coast is not available on some markets. Maybe there someone that can give me info on buying one, it seems to me in Spain they are cheaper than other markets.

Hi thanks, yes I have seen a few on You tube. I really like the Ocean best but there seem to be a lot said on the Beach also. i think the Ocean is better than the Coast for the price difference. I have also noticed the Coast is not available on some markets. Maybe there someone that can give me info on buying one, it seems to me in Spain they are cheaper than other markets.
I'm biased as I have a Coast on order. We chose the Coast as it's essentially a T5.1 Ocean with a manual roof (which is an advantage to us as there have been some issues with the Ocean hydraulic roof). The current Ocean is fully loaded with very cool extras but not stuff that we particularly wanted, so for us the 9k saving was totally worth it. It depends if you highly value the bigger cost extras. If so, you may find an Ocean better value. I am pleased to have the option and be able to put our savings towards our travels.

Edited to add: we're in the UK. Do check the specs for your location as they vary.

:welcome Will be interesting to see which van and spec you end up choosing.

:welcome Will be interesting to see which van and spec you end up choosing.
Hi there still looking at the extras, I really think I am going for the ocean but still stuck on optional extras.
From what I have seen 4 motion is a must and the 199 engine also. Driver assist plus I think is also good to have.
Maybe some of you can help me in choosing what really makes a change

Hi there still looking at the extras, I really think I am going for the ocean but still stuck on optional extras.
From what I have seen 4 motion is a must and the 199 engine also. Driver assist plus I think is also good to have.
Maybe some of you can help me in choosing what really makes a change
As you will see from my photo, I do not have a Cali as it does not tick our boxes. We have a LWB T6 150 front wheel drive DSG. I looked at the 4 motion with large engine when ordering our van from new. It is my opinion, I know trouble is coming, for the vast majority of people the 4 motion with large engine is just an ego trip. Males like big things but are they really useful? If you are going off road a lot, pulling heavy items or driving a lot on ice (unlikely in Gibraltar) then ok. If not then suggest you save money on that heavy engine and transmission and get a few more useful options. I test drove on normal roads all the T6 engines and transmissions. In my view and for our use the DSG 150 front wheel drive was ideal and this has been born out during our use and while we do not pull heavy items we do go off road - but with good tyres. I am sure many readers will throw their hands up in horror but how many of you actually use the power of that big heavy engine and the 4 motion? Some will, but I bet the vast majority do not. I better duck now!!