Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi to everyone

Doric_loon

Doric_loon

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello

We have just ordered a new California and collect it next week (Starlight Blue ocean 204, with sports pack, art velours, wood effect floor and some other toys)

We have owned a larger Motorhome for the last 10 years but found it was only getting used a couple of times each year and wasn't practical as a short break option. We do a lot of hill walking with our 8 year old and border collie and feel the California will suit our needs more. it has also allowed us to reduce household vehicles from 3 to 2.

Originally started to look at 2nd hand ones but the discounts on offer along side 0% finance and 5+ on new ones, just seemed much better value

Will post a picture when it arrives

Have been lurking on the forum for the past month and it's already proved super useful

We have just ordered a new California and collect it next week (Starlight Blue ocean 204, with sports pack, art velours, wood effect floor and some other toys)

We have owned a larger Motorhome for the last 10 years but found it was only getting used a couple of times each year and wasn't practical as a short break option. We do a lot of hill walking with our 8 year old and border collie and feel the California will suit our needs more. it has also allowed us to reduce household vehicles from 3 to 2.

Originally started to look at 2nd hand ones but the discounts on offer along side 0% finance and 5+ on new ones, just seemed much better value

Have been lurking on the forum for the past month and it's already proved super useful
Starlight blue, nice choice, pictures when it arrives please. Will be interesting to see how it works out for the short trips.

Welcome, interesting to hear of someone ‘downsizing’ but it is an incredibly versatile vehicle.
Our laddie loves it too

IMG_4752.jpeg

1724849675112-png.128395
1724849774534-png.128397

1724849675112.png

1724849722253.png

1724849774534.png

1724849804594.png

Looks great. I use mine alot for hiking in the lakes. Great colour. Sport pack looks fab.

20240710_132950.jpg

First trip away this weekend, we visited Clashindarroch Forest, near Tap o Noth hill fort, lovely day and fabulous walk, very quiet, didn't see another person on the trail in 4 hours.1725293713748.png

Compared to our old motorhome, the Cali is a fantastic machine to drive. The 204 really comes into its own on rural roads.

We spent the night at Grampian campervan campsite, highly recommended, it's only £10 per night base price and then you pay for what you need, we paid £5 for access to the immaculate toilet and shower block and they have a great kitchen area for washing up.

We had ordered a Party grill 400 but it didn't arrive in time so used the ridgemonkey to cook some burgers. Was cursing the Hob until I spotted the connection to the piezo switch had come loose. Think I would prefer to cook outside though just a bit torn between getting a comfortz awning room or Driveaway as it was a tad chilly

The Duvalay sleeping bags with toppers we bought were fantastic, as was the comfortz wrap screen. We had also added a couple of Marvel rubber back carpets to the living area floor which fitted perfectly and stopped the dog from sliding about during the trip, all great tips picked up from this forum

Had to turn the heater on as temperature dropped to around 4 degrees during the night

The next morning our infotainment system decided to freeze up, nothing worked and we don't have the two buttons to reset like they have in the California time youtube video. It seemed to correct itself after I checked the van later that evening but if anyone knows how to soft reset it, that would be appreciated,

All in an enjoyable first mini break

We opted for a wee drive away awning and had considered the Comfortz room but were put off by the fact it connects to the wind out awning on the bars and as such leaves the awning fabric to flap about at the top sides…. a bit too draffty for our trips …. lol

The next morning our infotainment system decided to freeze up, nothing worked and we don't have the two buttons to reset like they have in the California time youtube video. It seemed to correct itself after I checked the van later that evening but if anyone knows how to soft reset it, that would be appreciated,
If it’s the Discovery Media Pro (the one with only one set of touch sensitive buttons on the left hand side of the screen), press and hold the on/off button for about 10 seconds until you see it reboot.

I’ve noticed that on some pix …how do you ‘block it out’ on pix ?
You edit the picture,
Open the pic , select edit
choose a pen type and a colour
edit the pic then resave the Pic

Then edit your post on the forum (VIP membership required) by deleting the old image and adding the edited image