Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi...

bigmac77

bigmac77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi everybody, I've been lurking for a while, the forum is an excellent resource and seems very friendly. I hired a transporter conversion a couple of times this year with my wife and two kids and we loved it. The California really appeals to me rather than a conversion, everything just seems right, well thought out plus a proper warranty makes a T5 or T6 a much better long term prospect.

Looking forward to being part of the forum.

Hi everybody, I've been lurking for a while, the forum is an excellent resource and seems very friendly. I hired a transporter conversion a couple of times this year with my wife and two kids and we loved it. The California really appeals to me rather than a conversion, everything just seems right, well thought out plus a proper warranty makes a T5 or T6 a much better long term prospect.

Looking forward to being part of the forum.
Welcome Bigmac77. After trying a conversion of my own, I also settled (prob not the right word) for a Cali.
It's being built as we speak. I'm very excited.
You buying then?

I'm going to my nearest van centre (Llandudno Jct) to have a look at some T5's and I believe they have a T6 too.

Hi Bigmac!

A Cali is a great vehicle for your part of the world, I know! :thumb

I'm going to my nearest van centre (Llandudno Jct) to have a look at some T5's and I believe they have a T6 too.
Yes they have two Oceans (one I test drove last week - see other thread) and at least one Beach. Ask for Ben John.

My wife is not 100% about it but we'll see what happens. I run a caravan park in Anglesey and have a camping field, for years now I've seen people in all sorts of conversions and California vans as well as tents etc coming and having a great time whilst I'm working. So now I've knocked camping on the head, I'm just going to concentrate on the static caravans which will give me much more time to spend with my family. My boys are 7 and 4 and they love the breaks we had in the transporter conversion. I am conscious that they are growing up fast and I feel having a Cali would enable us to just get away for weekends with little fuss and maximum fun.

Motorhomes are the best option if you are running a business because you can get away at the drop of a hat. It's great when the kids are young and enjoy it; as they get older they start not wanting to come.

Whereabouts is your site in Anglesey? We may have stayed there ...

Motorhomes are the best option if you are running a business because you can get away at the drop of a hat. It's great when the kids are young and enjoy it; as they get older they start not wanting to come.

Whereabouts is your site in Anglesey? We may have stayed there ...

We are near in north Anglesey. If you have stayed I hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Yes, I think we have but only for one night about 10 years ago, it's on the left just before the car park? We stayed on a base that was meant for a static..... were you there then?

Since then it's become one of our favourite areas, but usually we are day visitors and stay in the car park.

We were there only a few weeks ago, and walked up to the lighthouse picking blackberries and got talking to the chap who owns (and is trying to sell) the 3 - 4 holiday cottages there. Great walking along to Port Amlwch (used to visit the Octel works there before it closed down).

Will call in next time we're down!

Yes, I think we have but only for one night about 10 years ago, it's on the left just before the car park? We stayed on a base that was meant for a static..... were you there then?

Since then it's become one of our favourite areas, but usually we are day visitors and stay in the car park.

We were there only a few weeks ago, and walked up to the lighthouse picking blackberries and got talking to the chap who owns (and is trying to sell) the 3 - 4 holiday cottages there. Great walking along to Port Amlwch (used to visit the Octel works there before it closed down).

Will call in next time we're down!

That's the one. And yes I was here 10 years ago though more than likely you may have dealt with my parents back then.

Small world

Ha - just found it - my wife used to keep a log book and we stayed at your place on 21st May 1999. Fees were £8 inc hook up!

Wow pretty cheap back then. I've always told my father he never charged enough

Back