Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi VW Cali club

B

Billtinsley

VIP Member
Hi just got back from mammoth tour of uk in Cal T 5 BTX THIS WAS MY FIRST BIG 4 week try of the Cali and went really well, thanks to the great advice I had from you guys at the Worcester weekend meet. The Cali went well but a few issues that I thought would be usefull to other newbies, took far too much gear, ie clothes, equipment that I didn't use, best stuff the screen cover, van level chocs , portable tv/vdu player by avtex ,also got a utility tent from GO camping £35 great to put gear and dogs in also usefull as driveway when on site, was able to put bog in a bag and shower, which was great as well, will be getting van arack when next away, found that when raining a slight mist came through to make everything damp when roof was up, although this was in extreme wet conditions and when windy, probably go for the muze . I see a few people have had a problems with roof getting caught in bellows, this can be avoided if you take care when lowering and just tuck it in in stages, I found the light in the roof a real pain, and not a very good solution ie map light fitting , my wife finally broke it off at the base one night , which to be fair was allways going to happen. I picked up a led spotlight that folds flush,in metal and gives a better light up top and can be used as a reading light when the passenger seat is reversed, £35 from a motor caravan dealer, took 5 mins to fit looks the business . I did 2,400 miles average 48 mpg had the best holiday ever, especially the western isles and Mull was the favourite average cost for overnight in camping sites was £ 6 per person . Can't wait for the next one, thanks again for all the great advice guys ,kind regards. bill And barbara. Tinsley :thumb

Sounds like you had a good time.

I pick my Cali up on Saturday morning and too be honest already identified the lamp as the thing that is going to be mullered in no time.

The mpg is refreshing I have just covered 1600 miles in just over a week in my 8 metre motorhome and was only seeing 20-22 mpg. one area of the motorhome I won't miss.

Regards

Alun

Hi Bill

Sounds like an excelent time was had. Any chance of a photo of the new lamp? I think there are a few of us that are expecting to need a alternative at some point. LED does seem to be the way to go.