Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi y’all (Beach Tour T6.1)

Nell

Nell

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
Hi all, we’re in Spain and have just taken delivery of our new 6.1 Beach which we’re super happy about.. However, despite our best Spanish abilities the manual is just too difficult, one needs a PhD to understand the lighting for example. I see precious threads on this although nothing concrete as to where we can obtain/download an English version User Manual. Any ideas would therefore be very much appreciated. We tried the download from VW UK but (I presume) our Spanish chassis number didn’t compute.
Many thanks and glad to be a member - with more posts to come...

There's a full T6 manual in the resources section. I don't think there's a 6.1 version there. You'll need to be a vip-member to download it though, if I am not mistaken.

There quite a few changes to the control panel on the T6.1 vs the T6.
I’m not finding the manual very helpful. Some things are incorrect and others confusing.
I always refer to this forum, do a search, and if I don’t find the answer post a question.

Thanks for the info.. Seems the things I’m most interested in getting guidance on in the user manual is related to the control panel, hence indeed the search for an English T6.1 manual in pdf continues ;)

@Nell
Is there something specific you want? I don’t mind scanning a page or two.

Ah that would be fantastic, thankyou. It’s really just the couple of pages relating to interior lighting that I’m after

For some reason it won't let me rotate these, any good?

Attachments

• lighting pages.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
If not, pm me a pic of the pages you need and I’ll translate for you
It’s so long til my van arrives I’ll be glad to at least learn how the interior lights work

If not, pm me a pic of the pages you need and I’ll translate for you
It’s so long til my van arrives I’ll be glad to at least learn how the interior lights work
I may just take you up on that ;) thanks alot. I’m sure there’s other sections that will equally stump me. Sorry to hear delivery still far off. Happy also to send any (Spanish) bits of the Manual for late night reading should you want

If there's anything else you need just shout.

I may just take you up on that ;) thanks alot. I’m sure there’s other sections that will equally stump me. Sorry to hear delivery still far off. Happy also to send any (Spanish) bits of the Manual for late night reading should you want
I’m guessing much of it is the same as the T6 manual, the camping control panel is totally new though.
Ive already finished YouTube on the Cali haha so reading material always welcome

Oh, and if the Tour has the parking heater (not sure if it does) you’ll definitely need to read up on that. The heating modes seem quite confusing and if you use the wrong one it just goes into error and you have to drive the van round the block to reset it!

I’m guessing much of it is the same as the T6 manual, the camping control panel is totally new though.
Ive already finished YouTube on the Cali haha so reading material always welcome

Oh, and if the Tour has the parking heater (not sure if it does) you’ll definitely need to read up on that. The heating modes seem quite confusing and if you use the wrong one it just goes into error and you have to drive the van round the block to reset it!

Got an English version of the T6 manual and some sections indeed look quite different, the control panel for sure but also the radio, heating and lighting (and Led headlights). I’m going to properly scan all of the manual, put it in the resources section and upload to you. Thanks for the tip on the heater - yikes ;)

Here’s the most concise advice I’ve read on the parking heater...
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/latest-down-load-t6-1.40145/post-513850