Hollins Farm - Silverdale

vwanorak

vwanorak

Aircooled at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
A recent find for us.

A relatively quiet site with very modern and immaculate facilities - but affiliated to a much more commercial site just a short walk across the field, where you can use the swimming pool, bowling alley, cafe bar, etc. Best of both worlds??

Camper van pitches are hard-standing, with only room for a small awning, which is the downside to this site if you are a family of four like us, and need the space of an awning. Tent campers get great grass pitches and all the space they need.

Great view out over Morecambe Bay, small children's playground, nice people.

A great site for a weekend break.

Andy

I've had a walk around there and agree with your assessment. Feels like the sort of site Cali owners would like (ie a campsite not a holiday park), but with the facilities a (decent) stroll across the fields if the weather is awful.

I usually stay at nearby Gibraltar Farm which is fantastic when quiet, but pretty rough when the crowds arrive.

The walk to the pool and main site facilities looks further than it feels, on a sunny day anyway! :)

I looked at Gibraltar Farm and funnily enough we wee thought that we might try it over one of the next few weekends.

Andrew

Back