Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Homemade Brandrup Style awning side and front wall

Looks great :thumb

Are you taking orders?

Ha, don't think I'm quite ready to give up the day job yet. How to guidance can be provided for free!
Because we used Quechua (decathlon) tarps we even have the poles so they can be used in an upright position like those on the Brandrup website.

Hi Marshian, these look fantastic, well done. What did you use to secure the sides to the rail, Velcro, zip or other? Is the front panel attached using standard awning rail beading? They look really good :thumb

Looby, we used Velcro for the sides as couldn't find any zips the right size.
Yes standard 6mm awning beading sewn to the tarp to attach the front panel

Poor old Nick at Comfortz will be going out of business

Looby, we used Velcro for the sides as couldn't find any zips the right size.
Yes standard 6mm awning beading sewn to the tarp to attach the front panel
Careful you don't strain anything undoing the velcro.

Yeah, the velcro is pretty strong stuff, but managed OK on first use :thumb

Hope it is ok to reopen this thread. Love your side panels. How did you reduce the width of the tarp to Brandrup dimensions (179 wide by 200 long i think) and retain the edging - did you join two halves with a seam down the middle or unpick and re-edge?

Also, is there anything you would change if you were doing them again?

Hope it is ok to reopen this thread. Love your side panels. How did you reduce the width of the tarp to Brandrup dimensions (179 wide by 200 long i think) and retain the edging - did you join two halves with a seam down the middle or unpick and re-edge?

Also, is there anything you would change if you were doing them again?
Hi it was a case of unpicking and re-edging. The edge comes off pretty easy. I did that whilst my wife did the sewing bit.
Have to say (still) pretty pleased with them. Wouldn't do anything differently next time. :)