Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

hook-up cable

diny

diny

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Where do you carry it? All of a sudden it seems huge (down sizing from quite a big caravan)!

In a bag in a 64 litre really useful box in the back......
You are going to learn the art of minimalism....quite refreshing once mastered .

I use a 10 and 15 meter they fit in the rear/back cupboard middle shelf in bags.

Use the blue 'Arctic' cable in preference to the thicker orange type - it's much more flexible and coils up smaller. Agree with Hirsty too - under the bonnet there are a few handy places to secure suitable items.

I put it on top of my storage box in the booth as it is (sometimes) one of the first things out and last things in when arriving/leaving a campsite .
I do got a second one to extend if needed witch is stored in the box below.

I have 25m std hook-up cable. Goes in the back booth, bottom shelf in handy fabric bag.

As the Cali only charges up the batteries and runs the fridge I don't see the need for a heavy 16Amp cable unless using an electric heater or some other high power device. I do have one but don't currently carry it.
Would in UK as preventative 'Job's worth' problems.

I have a cable that is supplied as an extension to be used with a garden mower (3 core version) and is easily stored on its wind up carry frame. I have a travel kettle which is a left over from caravanning days in France when only 6Amps was the normal supply and having anything more blew the fuse or trip.

20170529_180710[1].jpg

25mtrs long.

1.5Amp rather than 2.5amp. Not necessarily a cost saving but certainly a weight and bulk saving.

You could make your own up from a reel such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Round-3-C...403728&hash=item1ebc9383d1:g:tz4AAOSw4DJYj61G

this particular supplier also does the flexible Artic cable.

Last edited: