Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hookup/charging for three hours every day

D

DonOregano

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
New owner of a Cali here (yay!), and I have rather unexpected and unusual situation.

Where I live in a block of flats in Sweden we have electric outlets for each parking spot, and until the very day I got my Cali my outlet was on 24h/day (the timer was broken), at least in autumn/winter. Now suddenly they replace all the outlets to be on digital timers, so they are on for 3h every day, at a time of my choice.

This is of course meant for use in normal cars, for an electric engine heater and a space heater in your car, so that you can set it so that the car is warm when you leave for work in -20 degree cold. Very nice, but not ideal for the Cali use case...

So, my question: Since VW recommends a 24 charge once a month, can I instead use a few 3h charges every month.

Another aspect to this is that I would like to put an electric dehumidifier in the van, which I would like to run on mains. So would leaving the van plugged in for 3h/day all through winter be a terrible idea?

New owner of a Cali here (yay!), and I have rather unexpected and unusual situation.

Where I live in a block of flats in Sweden we have electric outlets for each parking spot, and until the very day I got my Cali my outlet was on 24h/day (the timer was broken), at least in autumn/winter. Now suddenly they replace all the outlets to be on digital timers, so they are on for 3h every day, at a time of my choice.

This is of course meant for use in normal cars, for an electric engine heater and a space heater in your car, so that you can set it so that the car is warm when you leave for work in -20 degree cold. Very nice, but not ideal for the Cali use case...

So, my question: Since VW recommends a 24 charge once a month, can I instead use a few 3h charges every month.

Another aspect to this is that I would like to put an electric dehumidifier in the van, which I would like to run on mains. So would leaving the van plugged in for 3h/day all through winter be a terrible idea?
Absolutely fine.

Back