Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hotel California?

J

JanB

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all, first time on a forum for me so please be gentle! Hubby (Bruce) myself (Janice) and our 2 dogs are now the proud owners of a new Cali. We intend going to the meet at Aviemore this weekend and look forward to meeting fellow members.

Hi there and welcome I hope you have a great time meeting fellow
Club members and pick up lots of tips

Do i hear someone calling my name....welcome

Thanks guys, named this thread as I am normally in a hotel abroad at this time of year but spending the weekend in a campervan instead! Here's hoping the weathers good and/or the van heater works

Hi and congratulations on your new mobile hotel, see you at Aviemore :thumb

Thanks Looby, planning to stay the Saturday night but spending Friday night wild camping en route. I'm a bit chicken as I've never done this before - I'm sure I won't sleep a wink

Hi, we have just taken delivery too and we are also going to the meet at Aviemore this weekend. It will also be our first time actually sleeping in the van. I have been trying to pack it up with the bits we have bought over the last few months but not sure how best to pack everything - hope it will be easier once we have had a few trial runs.Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday!

Hello Bruce & Janice happy camping and welcome :thumb

Thank you. This'll be our second outing. Run van around town occasionally and finding we have a few rattles and squeaks now our gears packed aboard. Driving me nuts trying to trace them but not much success

Hi Janice and Bruce. Welcome aboard. You'll get used to the rattles and enjoy living with them. See you at Aviemore.:thumb

Silicone spray, and anti-slip matting from eBay/Amazon or Ikea, are your friends.:thumb:thumb

Thank you. This'll be our second outing. Run van around town occasionally and finding we have a few rattles and squeaks now our gears packed aboard. Driving me nuts trying to trace them but not much success
One source we have had in both Calis we've owned can come from the sliding table. If the peg on the underside of the table is not seated into it's corresponding hole as it is slid in it will rattle. Drives me bonkers!

One source we have had in both Calis we've owned can come from the sliding table. If the peg on the underside of the table is not seated into it's corresponding hole as it is slid in it will rattle. Drives me bonkers!

Handy place to stuff a tea towel .... between nested table and rear seat ... otherwise I too would be a gibbering idiot.