Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How can you tell if a goat has been in your Cali? Now with video!

Skewif

Skewif

It’s not what you have, it's where you wake up.
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Simples
B6D56027-73E4-441F-8A7C-398B666C9A32.jpeg

This cheeky cold soaking wet loan goat just jumped in and decided to stay the night. Didn’t have the heart to push the poor thing out. Flagged the shepherd down in the morning to help me get him/her out as was having none of it when I tried. A sleepless night I’ll never forget. Turned out to be an amazing spot too once the cloud lifted in the morning. BCAC9D7B-1D0D-4740-ADDB-A6AD3CAD051D.jpeg7AFBC363-E84F-4CA4-88D8-F59105F0AD16.jpegF4DD4D60-18BE-463D-AEE8-5E2FFDC1615A.jpeg6C6B6455-2E2E-4844-A49A-2BC2E61BF470.jpeg
Watch “Goat Invasion!” on Vimeo:

Last edited:
Ha, ha, so you’re doing your September/Westalps routine again! This year’s is certainly different from and more easily remembered than other years, now you’ve started goat herding!

We managed to keep them out:

ff73243d0b502b7fcedeae32d6905844.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited:
wonderful! could you get there without 4 motion? (i'm suffering from buyer's remorse that i didn't get it, so please say you could!)

looking at the dropped pin, it looks doable!

Ha, ha, so you’re doing your September/Westalps routine again! This year’s is certainly different from and more easily remembered than other years, now you’ve started goat herding!

We managed to keep them out:

ff73243d0b502b7fcedeae32d6905844.jpg

Yep same old area. Thought about going to lots of places including following you. In the end I couldn’t do it, I know what I like and it’s all here, lots of it.

wonderful! could you get there without 4 motion? (i'm suffering from buyer's remorse that i didn't get it, so please say you could!)

looking at the dropped pin, it looks doable!
Yes you could get to almost where I did and many great places to camp along the way. No I wouldn’t even attempt to get to the exact spot I stayed without 4motion. Sorry to disappoint

Simples
View attachment 50247

This cheeky cold soaking wet loan goat just jumped in and decided to stay the night. Didn’t have the heart to push the poor thing out. Flagged the shepherd down in the morning to help me get him/her out as was having none of it when I tried. A sleepless night I’ll never forget. Turned out to be an amazing spot too once the cloud lifted in the morning. View attachment 50248View attachment 50249View attachment 50250View attachment 50251

:shocked

Simples
View attachment 50247

This cheeky cold soaking wet loan goat just jumped in and decided to stay the night. Didn’t have the heart to push the poor thing out. Flagged the shepherd down in the morning to help me get him/her out as was having none of it when I tried. A sleepless night I’ll never forget. Turned out to be an amazing spot too once the cloud lifted in the morning. View attachment 50248View attachment 50249View attachment 50250View attachment 50251
Dog looks impressed.

Yep same old area. [...] I know what I like and it’s all here, lots of it.
We know the feeling! Did you manage to do some of the tracks we sent you last year? We must go together one year...
BTW managed to ruin one of our tyres on the last but one Pyrenees piste...

This is my favourite thread EVER, hilarious and heart warming :cheers

You should start a thread with these pics entitled "Uninvited guests"

Knowing that some (me included) are p&ssed if some mosquitoes or a wasp get in ....
Your intruder is slightly larger .
So cute with the dog nose to nose

Yes you could get to almost where I did and many great places to camp along the way. No I wouldn’t even attempt to get to the exact spot I stayed without 4motion. Sorry to disappoint
This I supposed puts an end to the 2wd vs 4wd debate! Still don't know why you, and especially your dog, would have allowed a goat to stay overnight. Very tempting to make sexual jokes, but I'll refrain, since you seem to have a good heart and way more understanding than me after having your Cali being pooped inside. Not sure I would have let the goat live after that. Those horns would have made a good ornament ... :D:D:D

We know the feeling! Did you manage to do some of the tracks we sent you last year? We must go together one year...
BTW managed to ruin one of our tyres on the last but one Pyrenees piste...

I have done a few of the tracks you sent. Have done so many I’ve lost count of how I found them.
Would love to meet somewhere, seems we like the same kind of thing. Though I haven’t used a campsite in years. Maybe somewhere we both don’t know?
Sorry to hear about your tyre. We have the same ones and I’ve been amazed what they can cope with. Seems you found their limit.
711BE6A3-B8B5-4868-AD6F-970D267619B0.jpeg

Back