Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many times has your order been delayed?

benmac

benmac

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi everyone,

I am curious to hear what your experience is with your cali order being delayed and how many times it has changed?
I ordered my Cali in May 2021 here in Portugal the delivery date has now been changed 3 times and most recently has gone from week 10 to week 20.

I wonder how many more times it will be delayed!

Thanks
Ben

Hi everyone,

I am curious to hear what your experience is with your cali order being delayed and how many times it has changed?
I ordered my Cali in May 2021 here in Portugal the delivery date has now been changed 3 times and most recently has gone from week 10 to week 20.

Thanks
Ben
I would call it a delay too, when you get a provisional build week that moves. But in reality VW don't see a provisional week as a build week. Its a good indication they are gearing up to build yours, but if a container full of tow bars gets stuck in Suez (or whatever) you'll get bumped. I had 7 provisional build weeks (that I knew of) before the 8th became a confirmed build week...

Last edited:
Ordered Nov 2020. Delivery month has been missed twice. Initially told Sept, then Oct/Nov, now April 2022. We shall see. Hasn't bothered me too much since I have avoided having to deal with storage over the winter months. If April is missed I will be truly p!ssed.

Similar experiences with mine so far, originally quoted build week 12, it has changed to week 6, 13 & now 17.

honestIy I've never asked for a buildweek! I can do without the stress!
I've only called the dealer twice - ordered in April 2021 , originally told to expect the van in october. So in October I called and was told to expect it in Feb. At that point I was fairly confident of it arriving before Easter 2022... but I called last week and they said May...
Not sure if I would even expect it in May, If I'm honest.
It might well be one of those "cursed" builds like @Corradobrit 's (and others) that will end up taking well over a year.

I am surprised at the lack of knowledge of when vehicles are going to be delivered but I think that it may be the factory and there ability not to be able to plan because of supply chain issues.
That said I spoke to a dealer last week and he said things are starting to improve. He had a Transporter delivered 4 months earlier than predicted. I guess if the problem is with a component for a California then they will switch the slot to something they can build and Transporters must be easier as there are less components to source.

Hi everyone,

Thanks
Ben
Hi Ben i also ordered a Cali in Portugal,i ordered a Beach Camper in October, last time i spoked with the dealer he said build date in January, were did you ordered yours?

Hi Ben i also ordered a Cali in Portugal,i ordered a Beach Camper in October, last time i spoked with the dealer he said build date in January, were did you ordered yours?
Hey Oceanson,

I am yet to meet anyone in Portugal who has purchased a cali so good to hear from you. We ordered from Soauto after shopping around quite a bit. Where did you order yours from and is January the final date?

Hey Oceanson,

I am yet to meet anyone in Portugal who has purchased a cali so good to hear from you. We ordered from Soauto after shopping around quite a bit. Where did you order yours from and is January the final date?
Hi Ben! I ordered mine from Soauto Carnaxide, im going to call them this week to have a confirmation if the van was indeed produced in January

So i called the dealer,so no luck,my delivery date is the 34 week, ordered mine in October

Ouch ok not for summer then! Mine is delayed again, today it went from week 15 to week 22 and that is an estimate and not a build date so who knows when!

Ouch ok not for summer then! Mine is delayed again, today it went from week 15 to week 22 and that is an estimate and not a build date so who knows when!
Hi Ben, have you had any news? i guess our build dates will be pushed further now with the terrible situation with the war in Ukraine

No nothing new for my delivery, I haven't asked them in the last 3 weeks for an update but I assume it will be delayed again.
When I hear I will let you know the new status!

Hey Oceanson,

Any update about your delivery?

We heard 2 weeks ago that we are expecting it around week 28 now but I am expecting that to be ushed out further!

I ordered 24th December 2020 and took delivery 24th September 2021 with an expected delivery of April 2021 when ordering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, please look in Cali's for sale but we have Edition spec 4 Motion available now and another in the next 4 weeks, left hand drive vehicles only

Hey Oceanson,

Any update about your delivery?

We heard 2 weeks ago that we are expecting it around week 28 now but I am expecting that to be ushed out further!
Hi Ben! just got a call today, they said that my van will be here on the week 25, and after homologation they estimate to deliver it to me at the end of July,so good news i guess :)

out of curiosity do you know how the vans get to Portugal? Wondering if mine will come by sea or land to N. Spain.

out of curiosity do you know how the vans get to Portugal? Wondering if mine will come by sea or land to N. Spain.
//
For European shipments, Volkswagen Group Logistics continuously charters two vessels which carry up to 3,500 vehicles on a route from Emden via Dublin (Ireland), Santander (Spain) and Setubal (Portugal) back to Emden about 50 times per year. In the course of their journeys, they carry about 250,000 new vehicles of the AUDI, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen Passenger Cars and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brands every year.
//

Interesting, thanks! A port town close to me ships a lot of vehicles (Merc vans built in Vitoria, VW cars from Pamplona). I had wondered if I would see my Cali haha but it only seems to be outgoing shipments. Santander is only a couple of hours away from here.
//
For European shipments, Volkswagen Group Logistics continuously charters two vessels which carry up to 3,500 vehicles on a route from Emden via Dublin (Ireland), Santander (Spain) and Setubal (Portugal) back to Emden about 50 times per year. In the course of their journeys, they carry about 250,000 new vehicles of the AUDI, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen Passenger Cars and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brands every year.
//

Hi Ben! just got a call today, they said that my van will be here on the week 25, and after homologation they estimate to deliver it to me at the end of July,so good news i guess :)
Hey Oceanson,

We have now a confirmed delivery of week 27!
I saw your post about the stuff up with the order, I hope you get a suitable solution.
I notice you are a longboarder, I am as well and thats a bit part of the reason I order the cali but my boards are too long to fit inside the van so I have just bought these lock racks so I can leave boards on the roof: https://lockrack.eu/
Not a prefect solution but makes it more difficult for the boards to be stolen.
I am from Byron Bay, Australia and struggling to find many long peeling points in these parts.

Ben

Hey Oceanson,

We have now a confirmed delivery of week 27!
I saw your post about the stuff up with the order, I hope you get a suitable solution.
I notice you are a longboarder, I am as well and thats a bit part of the reason I order the cali but my boards are too long to fit inside the van so I have just bought these lock racks so I can leave boards on the roof: https://lockrack.eu/
Not a prefect solution but makes it more difficult for the boards to be stolen.
I am from Byron Bay, Australia and struggling to find many long peeling points in these parts.

Ben
Hey Ben! So cool that your Cali is confirmed for the week 27 :) Thanks for the tip about the lockrack, i always avoid having boards on the roof because of safety but also because of wind noise and drag resistance but if i cant help it i will give those a look.
Byron Bay,what a beautiful place,i visited once, you are lucky to have come from there. I hope to stay in touch and who knows even park our Calis together and share some waves

Hi Ben! did you received yours already? What model did you ordered? Im still waiting for mine, they said it will be a September delivery.
Maybe you can help me out, what does it say in the registration paper in vehicle type? Autovivenda, Autocaravana or Ligeiro de Passageiros?
cheers!

Back