Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Experienced 150hp 4motion DSG order delay too?

Canary Bird

Canary Bird

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I ordered my T6 150hp 4motion DSG at the end of September at a dealer here in Tenerife. Last week (16-20 Nov.) was my production week, but it has been delayed until the first week of Dec for production. However, the dealer said to expect to see it here in February as he said all T6 4motion with DSG are being delayed in the "homologacion" process. Not sure how that translate to English, but it is the process to confirm spec.s etc. and he said he was not sure if it was a German or European regulator, but said it had been prompted by the emissions scandal. He showed me on his computer on the official VW internal system that T6s with 4motion DSG that had been completed in September, were still waiting to be released from the factory for "homologation."

Has anyone else with a 4motion DSG experienced this?

Hi Canary Bird. I ordered my 204 4motion DSG in August. I was told that ...
  1. due to vehicle allocation numbers for dealers
  2. due to the heated screen
  3. due to the alloys
...I shouldn't expect build until January for Feb/March delivery.

This is the first I have heard of the emissions being an issue. I will check with VWCV customer services.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a build date of the 2nd week of January for my 204 4-motion DSG. Ordered at the end August.

Oh brother! well, I guess I will be spending more time on my Vespa for some more months until it arrives!

The dealer showed me on the internal VW site, the six 4motion DSGs that had been ordered by a tour company that was to start up here in January. One of the T6s (made on 9 Sept) went through (and it is sitting in the show room). The other five he showed me had been completed too, but made a few days later and had not shipped as some homologation process went into effect right after the first one went through ... and the dealer said it related to the emissions problems, ... but he couldn't tell me if it related to the German or European regulations. He said the new tour company is in serious jeopardy now.

I didn't think there was a 4motion 150 DSG option. My 4motion 150 manual is in production just now with a delivery of mid Dec expected. I wonder if this is specific to the DSG?
Cheers

I've got to say I am still waiting to put in my order but getting very suspicious of some of the reasons people are being given for a delay in their order. Seems to be the higher spec and 4 motions being delayed and inability to spec certain options eg all weather tyres. Perhaps they are on or beyond the margins of getting them through Euro 6 regs?
Trust me I want to order, I have invested much time in working out my options and have even purchased the reg plate. However, I'm not pressing the buy button until I feel more comfortable. Sorry to be negative, am I alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No need to worry, I'm not a solicitor but as I understand if you've placed an order against a spec and it's changed materially (ie not meeting Euro 6) or there is a problem / some other ambiguity you can still walk away with your refund. Get your order in ;)

I have the same issue with a 204, DSG, (NOT 4M) from my Swiss dealer. Ordered late July for Oct/Nov delivery, now told it will be Jan /Feb. Apparently VW are saying that its a shortage of parts from 3rd parties. I think its a load of cobblers and that they need time to change the codes for the emissions.

I didn't think there was a 4motion 150 DSG option. My 4motion 150 manual is in production just now with a delivery of mid Dec expected. I wonder if this is specific to the DSG?
Cheers
yes, he said 150hp emotion dsg

Assuming we are being given honest answers ... maybe they are facing lots of different issues at one time and at one moment is it parts, another moment its emissions issues, etc., etc. ?

I've just received this from VW Customer Sevices...

I have been liaising with our Brand Support team and I can again confirm that all EU6 engines are not affected by the emission issue. Your California order will have a EU6 engine so will not be impacted or affected by the current issue. As for the post on the Forum, I am afraid I can not comment on processes or issues in other countries as I have no jurisdiction outside of the UK.

I just stopped by my VW dealer today to see if it was made last week as it was delayed ... and to my surprise he said it had been moved up (and he didn't check or tell me) and it had been made on 27 November. He said it is awaiting Type Approval along with a total of seven 4motion Calis he has ordered for clients.

I just stopped by my VW dealer today to see if it was made last week as it was delayed ... and to my surprise he said it had been moved up (and he didn't check or tell me) and it had been made on 27 November. He said it is awaiting Type Approval along with a total of seven 4motion Calis he has ordered for clients.
Ordered T6 150hp 4Motion 6Speed Manual Ocean on 10 Sept. Build week was confirmed as Wk48. Checked last week to find still Showing Wk48 Status Code 20. Perhaps the 150 Manual also needs Type Approval. Or perhaps VW have not updated their records. Who knows? Factory re-opens on 11th January so don't expect any news until after that.

I'm in the same situation , my beach 150 4Motion DSG was made in week 47 and from that date does not leave any more data . My VW dealer told me that is made , but something is missing . He has not given me more information . Until the end of January, will not come.:(:(:(:(

Snap, week 47 build date but delayed. Believe it went into production just before the closedown and looking at mid Feb delivery (150 4-motion manual - the 150 4-motion DSG wasn't on offer in the UK :sad )

Still, will get it in time for the spring :thumb

Perhaps these delays concern Type Approval for the 150 engine being delayed or withdrawn in Germany. It appears the 36,000 cars now said to be affected by the CO2 emissions problem include six cars with 2 litre EU6 engines. Let us hope for some clarity from VW UK early in the New Year.

Good news on my T6 150hp 4Motion 6-Speed Manual Ocean, ordered on 10 Sept: Dealer reports "Vehicle has been built and shipped to England"

Just heard similar news...mine is also en route to the UK :)

My 150 4motion DSG is being built next week, with delivery in 4-6 weeks :) Ordered at the end of November, seems pretty quick to me!

I'm trying to order in central Europe right now. Dealers state it can take 7 months till delivery! This is some serious wtf.. :)