Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How much is fish and chips?

Somewhere in the North West we found some young folk who had set up with a mobile chippy trailer thing, superb proper fish and chips picnic tables and the works, recon your not far of with the price though, I was shocked to find out we had paid around £8 per slice of carrot cake in a cafe and around a fiver for a coffee, this was 2017.

Yes the best time to visit Iceland as a Brit was after the Icelandic banking crisis in 2008, but before the b-word referendum butchered sterling. Between those two events, prices there seemed only moderately ferocious.

Yes the best time to visit Iceland as a Brit was after the Icelandic banking crisis in 2008, but before the b-word referendum butchered sterling. Between those two events, prices there seemed only moderately ferocious.
Its not put us off, we intend to go back with the Cali, last time we camped with the Disco and a roof top tent, it was in our top 5 of holiday adventures over the last 33 years...

Our local chippy do a mini fish chips and peas for I think £3.65, its just about right, size wise. Nice fish and not too much food.

I am pretty sure a full size cod and chips is around £6.50 - £7.

Our local chippy do a mini fish chips and peas for I think £3.65, its just about right, size wise. Nice fish and not too much food.

I am pretty sure a full size cod and chips is around £6.50 - £7.

Agree with you on the ‘right size’ comment, always struggle to finish off a full size portion of fish & chips but the ‘mini’ version is usually spot on. Prices are similar round our way.

Am I the only one that finds mushy peas wholly revolting?

Steady Jen, you've been down south too long. It will be gravy next. :shocked

No. They are like dinosaur snot.

And even more sadly, there's no actual evidence that Peter Mandelson ever mistook them for guacamole at a chippy in Hartlepool.

Cor this could provoke a tough new debate.
Whats best???
Tarte sauce
Ketchup
Brown sauce
Curry Sauce
Mayonaise
Cheese
Gravy.....

Steady Jen, you've been down south too long. It will be gravy next. :shocked

Gravy?

Down South we have sauce, not ketchup, sauce as in sauce...

Fish and chips hollandaise, fish and chips provencal, fish and chips bourguignon .......

I'm quite partial to baby's head, chips and gravy. lush.
(that's the clean version for those in the know.)

Back