Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessories For Sale How to sell Cali accessories

DavidGPhillips

DavidGPhillips

David
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Daft question probably but i must ask. Having recently sold our Cali we now have lots of accessories to sell and I am trying to work out how i do this as it is unlikely that any potential buyers will be able to pick up and collect as I live on the Isle of Harris. I presume I wait until I have received the money before I post the item? Once item is posted I then send tracking details to buyer. Or is paypal better or what. Any advice would be gratefully received and thank you
David

Would eBay be a better platform?
Yes it costs you 10% but then buyer and seller have protections against loss and damage.
You can then come back here and post the links perhaps?

This forum appears to be a small and friendly community. Not many of these left online anymore.

The other day, I bought some bits and bobs from someone on the forum. I was happy to send 35 quid by bank transfer, and trusted that he would send me the goods. It all worked out fine.

Some people prefer Paypal as there is another layer of security (apparently!?) but there are fees involved.

If I was selling a few low-ticket items, I'd veer towards trusting people to be fair and honest. Until I got burned....

I usually request a bank transfer to save on PayPal fees, and wait until I have received the money before posting. I then send the tracking number to the buyer. Don’t post anything before you have received the money.

Daft question probably but i must ask. Having recently sold our Cali we now have lots of accessories to sell and I am trying to work out how i do this as it is unlikely that any potential buyers will be able to pick up and collect as I live on the Isle of Harris. I presume I wait until I have received the money before I post the item? Once item is posted I then send tracking details to buyer. Or is paypal better or what. Any advice would be gratefully received and thank you
David
Bank transfer or Use PayPal ‘friends and family’, which commission free and the buyer cannot launch a dispute after the sale which worst case would result in PayPal giving the buyer a refund, leaving you without your goods or cash!

Do not send any items until you have received full payment.

Bank transfer or Use PayPal ‘friends and family’, which commission free and the buyer cannot launch a dispute after the sale which worst case would result in PayPal giving the buyer a refund, leaving you without your goods or cash!

Do not send any items until you have received full payment.
But use a credit card, using friends and family of the item is over £100.
Amex refunded me £350 for an item that was bought using F&F on Shpock via email.
I’d sell stuff on here to VIP members and with good comms.
What do you have nice ? :happy @DavidGPhillips

Yes it costs you 10% but then buyer and seller have protections against loss and damage.
They usually offer 'free listing' every so often if you don't mind waiting for the offers to come around. I didn't used to mind eBay fees in the olden days but begrudge paying them 10% for doing nothing. The main problem with eBay is that sellers have almost zero protection

10% is optimistic unless you have special offer- Ive just sold something on there for £100+£12.50 postage that turned into £97.80 in my account with me still having to pay the postage. Paypal is not part of Ebay anymore so Ebay charge their own money handling fees.

This forum appears to be a small and friendly community. Not many of these left online anymore.

The other day, I bought some bits and bobs from someone on the forum. I was happy to send 35 quid by bank transfer, and trusted that he would send me the goods. It all worked out fine.

Some people prefer Paypal as there is another layer of security (apparently!?) but there are fees involved.

If I was selling a few low-ticket items, I'd veer towards trusting people to be fair and honest. Until I got burned....
Thank you, i shall do exactly that for the cheaper items anyway

That is very helpful - thank you
ebay have regular seller offers. The best one to look out for is 80% off final selling fees. This usually runs every two weeks for items advertised between Friday and Monday. You need to accept the offer before advertising . Works well for Buy it Now sales as they run for 30 days.