Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to store clothes

California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi Al, new all of this looking for some advice on how you pack your clothes. We currently have the van loaded and ready to go and just put a sports bag loaded with clothes in when we go We’ve tried various bags but they just seem to get in the way. Has anybody found a good way or good type of bag that fits nicely perhaps in the wardrobe as that’s the only space we have or maybe a number of bags so perhaps you would have underwear in one T-shirts shorts and another perhaps store shoes elsewhere any ideas welcome please.

TIA

Packing cubes are definitely the best way to store clothes. Its easy to find what you need and they stack nicely without snagging the doors. A lot more efficient use of space!

As everyone says, packing cubes. We have the cubes in the cupboard stacked on top of each other - three and then we put our toiletries etc in the airplane locker. Nothing else needed. Pack what you think you need and then take some stuff out always works for us.

As everyone says, packing cubes. We have the cubes in the cupboard stacked on top of each other - three and then we put our toiletries etc in the airplane locker. Nothing else needed. Pack what you think you need and then take some stuff out always works for us.
I tried hanging two cubes from the rail so allowing access to the two under. Less is more with most equipment in a cali

Hi Al, new all of this looking for some advice on how you pack your clothes. We currently have the van loaded and ready to go and just put a sports bag loaded with clothes in when we go We’ve tried various bags but they just seem to get in the way. Has anybody found a good way or good type of bag that fits nicely perhaps in the wardrobe as that’s the only space we have or maybe a number of bags so perhaps you would have underwear in one T-shirts shorts and another perhaps store shoes elsewhere any ideas welcome please.

TIA
We have these shelves https://www.yescampervan.co.uk/prod...true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=5 which still allow use of the wardrobe rail. We take items from our wardrobe and hang them straight in the Cali. All other clothing is put in drawstring bags which are placed on the shelves.
Minimal packing and easy to access.

I’ll go against the grain. Hated packing cubes, just seemed a total faff.
Had ikea fabric boxes in the boot on a sliding rack. All our clothes went in those along with bike helmets and toiletries.
Only thing in our boot when we had the Cali.

Pack what you need, then take some out. Could you speak to my wife?

My brother (not a Cali owner) told his wife, when going on holiday, whatever you take but don't wear you have to leave it behind, in the hotel.

TIA
Hi, same problem here and we didn’t like the wardrobe ‘cavern’ so we went for Calitop wardrobe shelves x 3 and then ikea packing cubes. The link for the Calitop shelves is https://calitop.eu/?language=en&cPath=6&cat=c6_Shelf-Conversion-Kits-category-6.html. Relatively easy to fit & no rattles and we find the space much more useable but everyone has different opinions & uses for that space. Good luck!

I know I’m in the minority here but we use the wardrobe for all the bedding and put our holdalls in the boot, or for longer trips with 4 of us use the pop up tent as a wardrobe and dressing room. Works for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I’m in the minority here but we use the wardrobe for all the bedding and put our holdalls in the boot, or for longer trips with 4 of us use the pop up tent as a wardrobe and dressing room. Works for us!

Likewise. The down sleeping bag and pillows go in stuff sacks and dumped in there, together with the packing cubes. Different strokes for different folks.

Our Cali doubles as a family car so it makes sense for us to have the bedding out of the way so the boot is empty for other stuff.

I’ll go against the grain. Hated packing cubes, just seemed a total faff.
Had ikea fabric boxes in the boot on a sliding rack. All our clothes went in those along with bike helmets and toiletries.
Only thing in our boot when we had the Cali.
our boot is full of activity gear and some clothes in that in the std 64litre boxes, bedding on the rear shelf duvet wraps in the brandrup mattress so it pulls out bed made and most clothes have to be in the wardrobe. If it's just me then I use a small holdall.

We have the back seat pushed right back nowadays, so there's less boot space. Clothes in carrier bags in the drawer & wardrobe, nightwear/toiletries/towels etc in the top box, shoes & coats in Ikea/Dunelm fabric boxes on the (half depth) back shelf. Anything needed less often eg hiking boots goes in the boot.
We sleep in the roof bed so leave sleeping bags & pillows up there if we're not driving; stuff them in the wardrobe if we are. No mattress toppers or anything like that.

Packing cubes as many have already said.
A shelf helps too, ... one level for me, another for Cath. Avoids/reduces cube shuffling!
Lastly we thoroughly recommend a 'usage-related' cube packing regime. Put stuff that you use together in the same cube. Eg. Have one cube for bedtime, one for ablutions, one for beach stuff, etc.
Hint. If you go for multicoloured cubes, you can tell his & hers apart, as well as knowing that bedtime is in the black one and beach in the yellow one.

Everyone eventually works out whats suits them best. We are still learning. We bought these , which also add some colour to the living area. All our bedding and pillows go in there. It means we can "chuck" it all in but it looks tidy. You can fit two pillows and two quilts in one bag.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JRF97Q1/?tag=eliteelect-21

Having some shelves in the wardrobe would work for us.

I put my clothes in a modular bag fitted in the rear side window.

We seem to be the only ones satisfied with the wardrobe as supplied.

We simply hang everything, each “rig out” on separate hangers, so each item of clothing is easily visible and is not creased. There is plenty of space for about 15 clothes-hangers. Dry raincoats and jackets are very happy there too.

No rooting in bags needed!

Which shelves did you go for?
We got the calitop shelves as well - we actually got 3, but found the bottom one to be pointless due to the small gap between that shelf and the floor - they are adjustable height, but just couldn't make 3 worthwhile, so we only use 2.

Back