Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Humidity

C

CaliPete

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I will be using my new Beach to transport my five dogs to and from training runs. As they often get very wet I have had a lot of issues with humidity in my cars. This time I want to do it right! Anyone with experience dehumidifying the car, especially in the winter with cool temperatures? Any recommendations on compact energy-efficient gadgets I could use?

Try and search topics on "ventilation"

Think you get further with ventilation rather than dehumifiing.

But five dogs (as much as i love them , have one my one) in a Cali could be hard trying the windows not to steam up.

Light heating from aux.heater ( if you got one) and ventilation is the best imo.

A small mains operated De-humidifier might be useful if you can plug the vehicle into the mains at home. Or use Disposable/re-usable De-humidifier packs - from any large DIY store. This will ensure the vehicle dries out between trips.

During travelling you can leave the Diesel Auxillary heater on, if you have one. Also using the AirCon on Recirculation mode will take moist air from inside the vehicle and dry it before returning it, but also having external ventilation by having a window slightly open will help. Window Deflectors by Dubreflecta or Climair or even VW will allow you to have a window open a little without the rain getting in.

Back