Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I hope this isn’t yours!

Whats abnormal about that? Its a van. They don't deliver them in packing cases wrapped in cotton wool.

The mirrors 10 minutes work to put back & the bird S**t will get washed off before delivery. I don't understand the huge concern.

Really ..
So if you turned up to buy that for 50k that wouldn’t bother you one bit ???
You would just say put that mirror back on and chuck a sponge over it here’s my 50k ;)
Ha ha

To be honest no it wouldn't. I wouldn't expect vans in the storage yard to be polished daily.

On the other hand if it was presented like that at handover I would blow a fuse.

Whats abnormal about that? Its a van. They don't deliver them in packing cases wrapped in cotton wool.

The mirrors 10 minutes work to put back & the bird S**t will get washed off before delivery. I don't understand the huge concern.

A complete replacement offside mirror smashed off by a MH mirror in Portugal just cost me £520 including painting and fitting. They are not cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A complete replacement offside mirror smashed off by a MH mirror in Portugal just cost me £520 including painting and fitting. They are not cheap!

Nearside not offside, it has all the aerials in it apparently.

It's the mirror not the bird sing. It's just quite apparent there's a lot of damage that occurs in shipping

It's the mirror not the bird sing. It's just quite apparent there's a lot of damage that occurs in shipping

and whilst standing around in the dealers yard.

It looks like my first Cali, before I collected.

Might be worth asking if their breaking it for spares? If so Ive got a list of bits I want!
I think if I was the dealer I'd tend to keep it out of site. It doesn't give customers that warm feeling that their Cali's are in loving hands.

Might be worth asking if their breaking it for spares? If so Ive got a list of bits I want!
I think if I was the dealer I'd tend to keep it out of site. It doesn't give customers that warm feeling that their Cali's are in loving hands.
My thoughts entirely. Don’t leave it on the forecourt!

It's no ones pride and joy at present, it's just a piece of merchandise, stock. :sorry

It doesn't gain a personality until it has been adopted. :)

Last year I went to view a van that had literally rolled off the transporter at Listers main delivery yard.
You wouldn’t believe the state that some vehicles arrive in.
At the end of the day, they get prepared before heading to the dealership.
Providing all is made good, it’s not really a problem.

I bought my Cali in 2008 from Heritage Bristol. Stopped taking it there for servicing after they repeatedly failed to acknowledge or fix a creaking noise from the steering and irregular front tyre wear. When I took it to VeeWee services in Bristol they discovered a severely worn driveshaft which had to be replaced at a cost of almost £1000. They told me VW do not grease the driveshaft during manufacture....they see “at least one of these a fortnight” apparently. Since they fixed it the van drives like a dream, no creaking and no irregular tyre wear! So, you’ll understand why I have little time for VW Heritage Bristol. I suspect they were waiting for the driveshaft to fail completely so they could then charge me an arm and a leg to repair it.

In general, there is quite some damage to be fixed after transportation. All brands have to deal with it. You don't want this to happen but it happens and will be fixed before the car is delivered.

Back