Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ideal Beach rear strorage boxes?

M

Mike Hammill

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,
I need to find some storage boxes to fit in the back of our T6 Beach. Does anyone know of a supplier for boxes that use the space to maximum effect?
Best wishes,
Mike and Maddy

Hi all,
I need to find some storage boxes to fit in the back of our T6 Beach. Does anyone know of a supplier for boxes that use the space to maximum effect?
Best wishes,
Mike and Maddy

Which Beach version do
You have? 2 or 3 seat bench?

OK thanks -- I'm looking for something for my 2-seat bench which is frustrating as it's lower and there's a bar along the middle making it even lower there.....so sorry if hijacking this thread but any pointers would be really helpful! :)

(height under multiflex = 36cm, but with a support bar 36cm in which lowers it at this point to 33cm height....)

OK thanks -- I'm looking for something for my 2-seat bench which is frustrating as it's lower and there's a bar along the middle making it even lower there.....so sorry if hijacking this thread but any pointers would be really helpful! :)

(height under multiflex = 36cm, but with a support bar 36cm in which lowers it at this point to 33cm height....)
I know what you mean - you measure it up then look underneath and see the bar and also bolt heads sticking down even more! Solent Plastics sell a German made (or at least tested) set of boxes and I think we can use those. Cheers Mike

I have an Ocean but think these may work well for you too - much cheaper and a larger size than the VW equivalent - 14 quid each less 10% VWCC discount from Lookers Skoda/VW van centre between Guildford and Godalming.
Dimensions 36x30x58.
Top handle has some flex so will push past bolt heads etc.
Does not fully fill the boot length so you can have some things behind or in front of them. Eg there is space for a 907 gas bottle and ramps.
Piccie attached (but don’t suggest ordering from the seller in this site in New Zealand unless you live more locally....)

566E1732-277C-40E5-8A00-34D73A53EEE1.png

44cm width x 55cm deep Muji drawers (either 24cm + 24cm or 30cm + 18cm high) fit **perfectly** under the multiflex, with a gap between. The advantage of drawers is that contents can be accessed without unpacking the box from the boot.
https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=38

IMG_0825 (1).JPG

When the bench is located on the rails in the correct position for making the bed, we have made some plywood crates and trays which fit that space perfectly.

IMG_2082.JPG

We can fit all this (including the double hob and grill, and two 907 gas bottles in the white box) into the boot below the level of the multiflex.

IMG_2085.JPG

Last edited:
Great - thank you all. Plenty to think about .
I have an Ocean but think these may work well for you too - much cheaper and a larger size than the VW equivalent - 14 quid each less 10% VWCC discount from Lookers Skoda/VW van centre between Guildford and Godalming.
Dimensions 36x30x58.
Top handle has some flex so will push past bolt heads etc.
Does not fully fill the boot length so you can have some things behind or in front of them. Eg there is space for a 907 gas bottle and ramps.
Piccie attached (but don’t suggest ordering from the seller in this site in New Zealand unless you live more locally....)

View attachment 42848

I've just purchased a set of Euro Crates from Big dug . The configuration I have fits very snugly under the multiflex board in our T6.1 Cali beach Camper (3 seat option).

There are 400x600 boxes and one 300x400 in plan. so in total width side to side it's 300+ 400+400 = 1100mm. The 600deep boxes fit almost perfectly front back with the rear seats almost in the furthest back position . You get a bit of leftover space behind the 400 deep ones.

In order to allow the door to close I had to move the multiflex board forward by about 1-2 cm and in my configuration I had to remove the fold down bag hook ( frankly I'm never going to use that).

My order as pictured was left to right:
  • Euro Stacking Box with Hinged Lid | 235h x 300w x 400d mm | 20 Litre Capacity x2
  • Euro Stacking Box with Hinged Lid | 125h x 400w x 600d mm | 20 Litre Capacity x1
  • --over---
  • Euro Stacking Box with Hinged Lid | 345h x 400w x 600d mm | 62 Litre Capacity x1
  • Euro Stacking Box with Hinged Lid | 455h x 400w x 600d mm

455 is the maximum total height you can manage. I actually purchased a couple more boxes so I can swap these out to suit different trips. I figured that the biggest box which is huge might be great for wet suits or something like that.

Cost wise they vary between £25 - £50 each , they come with a basic hinged lid ( easily removable) and they are super durable. When on site I can see that stacking them and adding a more robust top could make a good seat or table ( there are ones to buy on Etsy)

I'm yet to test test on trips but I figure that this configuration is about as space efficient as it gets for my Cali at least. I can see using these in lots of different combos depending on how we use the van. IMG_2719.jpeg

046F76D9-BD83-46E1-B1AF-26EF70AB9357.jpeg

Back