Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I'm very sad, my 3 months old Cali was keyed

estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
I cannot undertand why people do those thing, they don't realize how are hurting. My brand new Cali, which I took delivery in April, was keyed.

Second vehicle someone scrach me since I live in UK, in three years. I cannot understand.

IMG-20150709-WA0002.jpg

gutted for you.i felt bad when ours got a stone chip,in the short term a bonnet bra might cover the damage.

Gutted for you.

Don't let it spoil your enjoyment... easily sorted... fully recommend ChipsAway, they've done a few vehicles for me.

Sorry to hear your news Estresao and see the mindless damage, this is simply jealousy, spawned by this countries steady slide into a market led culture of consumerism, have your vehicle repaired, a quick fix, and enjoy it, don't let the few who can't respect your property spoil your day. ... Like the cheery colour.

Rob H.

Agree with all the above posts, try chips away, they should be able to sort it.
Great colour mine is the same .

So sorry to hear that. Where in Norwich were you parked?

Thanks very much guys.

I park in a very quite area, a centric cul de sac, Sarah West Close street.

Thanks all. I have to think what to do, I've just got a comprehensive inssurance last week (UK plates fitted last Saturday) and need to mull over.

Feelings now don't let think clearly. I'm traveling (as usual) and have not yet see in person the damage. I'll decide during the weekend.

I am terribly sad.

So awful.

I do understand the poor, sad people have pressures. So would I as I cut their nuts off.

Sad thing , could well be some yongsters with nothing on thier hands ...
We used to play in the fields and forrest in the summerhollidays now a days they just "hang arround" smart phone in one hand energy drink in the other....

A few years ago some oiks got into the underground car park of the trendy ex-factory apartment I owned at the time. They keyed over 40 cars including my new sports car. Interestingly the police did not attend citing it as "minor damage" we explained to them that if the oiks in question had held up a building society for the same amount of money as the repairs would cost there would have police everywhere! Commiserations!

Sorry to see that, really sickening. There some clear gel "magic" sticks you can buy in places like Costco that might be worth a try - i've got some in the garage, I'll get the name of them if you need it to do a Google.

Personally I don't think it's worth claiming off the insurance because they'll load the premium next time you renew; not just on the Cali but also any other vehicle insurance you may have; plus you'll still have to pay the excess.

Are you sure it has been keyed? Sometimes ignorant people drag their bags etc across the paintwork when you park in supermarket car parks; no comfort though.

I really feel for you. I have never understood unprovoked mindless vandalism. It is pure envy and really makes my pi55 boil. You work hard to get some toys and some low life does this .
Recently some idiot kicked the electric wing mirror off my teenage daughters Ford Ka. My initial thoughts were that she had parked it badly, and it was a "message" from a misguided vigilante. But that was not the case (nor would the outcome justify the crime even if she had).
I would see if someone can use an electric mop and a little T-cut or similar to see if it can be buffed out and not so obvious. Then maybe in a few years if you pick up some stone chips you could then elect to have it professionally repainted.
If you put it through insurance, you will lose some NCB and probably have to pay an excess, so better off to find a good local paintshop and pay them cash (so they don't ramp up the costs thinking it's an insurance job).

Do people here leave this kind of "messages"? really?

I'm gutted for you. I would hate to feel that way if it happened to mine. That was just some misguided youth no doubt who thought it clever and look at me to his mates. It cut his +++++++ hands off if I caught the pig.
Best advise I can offer is to take it too a local body shop soon while the van is still new so they can match the yellow before the rest fades slightly. I only say this as my aunties car was keyed that was yellow and they couldn't match it because of the fade so her whole car got re sprayed. Sorry if that depresses you more.

So much time fighting to get it registered and some arse does that. Grrrrrrrrrrr my blood boils.

These are the repair sticks I mentioned earlier:-
IMG_9551.jpg IMG_9552.jpg
Worth a try anyway.

Another vote for chips away.

They sorted out Albert after he had a bad experience with a touch screen eurotunnel check in.

It is just so mindless, you must be so upset,

The gits, someone did this to my last car, no rhyme or reason :( its either someone jealous or someone in scratch removal having a quiet week. :(

Senseless. Years ago I had a new Golf and parked in Siena, Italy and somebody scratched every panel bar the bonnet - I was absolutely gutted. I suspect it may have been due to anti-British feeling at the time related to the Heysel tragedy. I'd hate to think it is because yours is LHD.

It is not worth claiming on the insurance. If you want to try a VW bodyshop, Citygate have their own bodyshop at Little Chalfont. They painted my new roof when it was replaced and they did it separately from the van. I was told it was because yellow was easier and did not need blending in the same way as the metallics.

I see VW are doing cosmetic repairs - http://www.citygate.co.uk/servicing-repairs/cosmetic-repair/ although it excludes bonnets and roofs.

Andy

Finally got home and checked the scratch.... good news, is not quite deep, I think was not made using a key but draging something over the bonnet.

I'll try to fix it using polish... fingers crossed.

Good news. T Cut and a good polish.

So sorry to see this, mindless idiots.....hope you manage to get it sorted and don't let it spoil your enjoyment of your Cali......

With all the CCTV we have in the UK, you would think they wouldnt dare do anything like this. Utter lowlife scum. Really sad to read this! :-(

Back