Ten months I will have to wait for my Cali

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
With all these people posting lists of then things they love/hate about their Cali, I feel a little left out, so here's my list.

1. April 2016
2. May 2016
3, June 2016
4, July 2016
5, August 2016
6. September 2016
7. October 2016
8. November 2016
9. December 2016
10. January 2017

In contrast, I waited 9 months for my first son, and 7½ months for my second son.

Eldest is 3 today -
DSC_0001 (2).JPG

Perhaps we can do a campervan cake next year,

Looking at your lovely kids we can conclude that lighter colors take less time to arrive.

By the way, I was also told 10 months and if things go right, I will get it in 7. So it might not be that bad.

There was one who posted a very lovely VW campervan cake on the forum!

Need to try and search that topic....:D

Ten months is a looooong wait!

Ten months is a looooong wait!
It is partly a self-inflicted long wait. We ordered our van to be used as a demonstrator for up to 3 months prior to delivery in return for an extra discount. We suspect that the dealer was able to re-allocate our week 41 build slot to another customer because ours was a demonstrator order, so our build was pushed back to week 4.

To compensate, our dealer is going to loan us the van for the 3 months between build and delivery , so we are very content, even though it has been a very long wait. Even if the van had been built in Week 41, we would still have had to wait for the three months demonstrator time to expire, so we wouldn't have had it much earlier.

Looking at your lovely kids we can conclude that lighter colors take less time to arrive.
Clare was in hospital with her pregnancy constantly monitored for six weeks before delivery. It was during those very difficult six weeks that we decided to buy a campervan and tour Europe for a year before the children (we didn't know our second child was to be a boy at that time) started school.

There was one who posted a very lovely VW campervan cake on the forum!
img_0863-jpg.11894

Not long to go now though! :)

Disadvantage of buying that way is that you become the second owners in the eyes of Insurance values and VW for any future claims. Warranty included.

Three things I have noticed about the cake.

1) Has the person next to the camper van fallen over whilst reading about the expected lead times after ordering a California?

2) that has to be the lowest suspension setting ever seen. That van is slammed!! But I would have spaced those rims out a bit more.

3) the roof doesn't look realistic as it's missing some corrosion around the windscreen header.

Other than that Nice attempt. ;)

Joking aside authentic looking vehicles made out of sponge cake is quite tricky!

IMG_2405.JPG

Here was my attempt at an Audi TT cake I made for my son for his 4th birthday. (MK1 225bhp) it came with the optional Oreo alloys.

Back