Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Indel TB18 - owners assemble

N

NZCol

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Right, I've got one of these. Second one actually as first was broken.

I've plugged it into a mains adaptor and set the voltage sensitivity to the lowest level (one bar on display)

All good. Ambient temp shows 14 degrees, i've set the internal temp to be -10 on the display (down arrows, flashes then goes away).

Compressor comes on and off every now and then, doesn;t run constantly. How do you know what the internal temp is ???? Does it always display ambient temp? The instructions are rubbish.

Any wisdom on how this thing works ?

Right, update, have bunged it into the Van and lo and behold off it goes. Went from 16 degrees to 4 degrees in about 10 minutes ! Have put van on hookup and set it to -18, will see what happens.

I can report it froze a 1ltr bottle of water in about 5 hours. All well, seems my mains->12v thing is rubbish. Will wire in an Anderson connector to the leisure batt and swap the connector on the fridge.

I’m planning to buy one of these, do you know if it will fit between the 2 front seats? Thanks

I recently acquired a second hand one, fits perfectly between two front seat in my Caravelle, which is great. I don't think it is all that quiet though and am looking to see if anything can be done to improve that. Has anyone attempted something similar? I have spent quite a bit of time on sourcing a quieter fan, however it seems to me that something else (condenser or compressor?) might be the main culprit, which I doubt would be upgradeable!

I’m planning to buy one of these, do you know if it will fit between the 2 front seats? Thanks
Try here, they were the cheapest I could find last year. The were very good to deal with and quick to deliver it. The link has the 18 too.
Yes it fits between the front seats, it's tight but works.

. I don't think it is all that quiet though and am looking to see if anything can be done to improve that. Has anyone attempted something similar?
It will be the compressor pump/motor. I have a Dometic CFX3 35 which is very quiet, then a CF11 which is much louder. I also have a 15 yr old compressor fridge in my Splitscreen - that is even louder again.
If we have the CF11 with us for drinks, I normally unplug it at night

Back