Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inflatable paddle boards

Wengen007

Wengen007

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Does anyone have a inflatable paddle board ? And if you do, do you ever carry it on the roof bars or only deflated and packed inside?

I have a cheap one and it can be transported on the roof but I wouldn't take the highway at 120 kmph with it on top. Cheap is relevant because mine is 10 psi maximum, better ones go up to 18psi IIRC and have battens, would not pose any risk at all. see http://www.redpaddleco.com/boards/nine- ... 3Jgo02KDMM

Yes I do, funny enough a red paddle one. Well worth it! I put it in the carry bag. Use the bars for roof box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a custard point board bought in Newquay. The red boards look great and are probably better thought out. But mine has lasted well over 3/4 years. It roll's up and slots in the boot, I love it for the kids who just love to jump on it and use it as a diving board. It surfs really well for an inflatable.

I have only just transitioned from a full paddle to a split paddle which makes transport even easier.

Again I have not tried it on the roof bars but it would easily go on and attach firmly however at speed over a long distance your likely to damage it. Mine I usually inflate to approx 14 to 15 psi or until I run out of energy....

I can recommend a portable 12V electric pump from Bravo to inflate a SUP or kites.

Waldo, we have an Advanced Elements inflatable Kayak and like the idea of the infaltable paddleboard. Having looked on their website I cannot see the dimensions when it is deflated. Can you advise on this.

Thanks

Think about it like 3 golf bags.

Collecting my new paddle board on Friday can wait to try it out in Cornwall at the weekend

Where did you get it from and how much was it.
Thanks

We bought 2 red sup paddle co boards - a 10'6 ride and a 12'6 explorer. They're really good. Red make the best boards out there in terms of rigidity, so I wouldn't consider anything else...

In terms of size, if you put them in the boot sideways (under the bed), they pretty much take up all the space.

We have a thule bag that goes on the bike rack if we need that space.