Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Info on display

Gigio1000

Gigio1000

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello to all,
After replacing the three batteries, on the display of my 2010 caliber with engine off with a refrigerator turned on for 15 min I read a voltage of 12.6V, 80% batt, and 0.0A.
Is there anything wrong? , Since the refrigerator should absorb 4A, power supply unit, failed ammeter or interrupted wiring?
Thank you

Was the fridge compressor actually running when you read the display?

Hello to all,
After replacing the three batteries, on the display of my 2010 caliber with engine off with a refrigerator turned on for 15 min I read a voltage of 12.6V, 80% batt, and 0.0A.
Is there anything wrong? , Since the refrigerator should absorb 4A, power supply unit, failed ammeter or interrupted wiring?
Thank you
The fridge does not run continuously. Once to temperature it switches Off and restarts when necessary. So as @sidepod asked, was the fridge compressor running when you took a reading?

Was the fridge compressor actually running when you read the display?

The fridge does not run continuously. Once to temperature it switches Off and restarts when necessary. So as @sidepod asked, was the fridge compressor running when you took a reading?

Thank you for your reply,
Yes, the fridge was in operation after the temperature reached, and the values became 12.9 V 100% batt and 0.2 A
The three batteries have 5 days of life and were charged.
Do you think you need to change the shunt? Even if it is already positioned on the wheelhouse side and not on the aluminum?

Read an article on the forum a couple of days ago about the display numbers 1 - 7 (or 8).
My display reads in degrees 'c as attached photo.
IMG_8377.jpg

Read an article on the forum a couple of days ago about the display numbers 1 - 7 (or 8).
My display reads in degrees 'c as attached photo.
View attachment 34455

Nice intel , did not knew this .
Does the setting on the screen matches the actual themp. in the fridge ?

I think it changed about 2010 to the 1- 6 - Max system.
Mine is a 2008 model with fridge display 1-8 I run it on number 5 and it always seems cold enough

Interesting. So I wonder when they changed the Display?

Mine definitely goes 1,2,3,4,5,6,Max

Normally runs quit happily on 4 or 5, even in Italy with temperatures of 35c.

This gives -1c at the bottom and +4c at the top.